You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

City will most likely be relying on the ageing David Silva and Fernandinho in midfield who are both 32-33. Wouldn't be surprised if they slow down. Plus, I think we have the better front three and had we added Fekir or another top caliber #10 to that we'd be far better.

Front 3 about equal IMO

Firmino

Salah > Sterling

Mane = Sane

Makes no sense

He isn't much if any of a upgrade on Matip

We are pretty well stocked at CB. Klopp obviously likes Lovren whatever the fans think. 

We have 5 players that can play CB, we are not spending 20ml on another squad CB

Front 3 about equal IMO

Firmino

Salah > Sterling

Mane = Sane

Firmino is better than Jesus and far more important to us than he is to them.

They still have the deeper squad giving them the advantage imo, but the gap has(hopefully) closed. 

Its after the forward three when we go Shaqiri,Sturridge,Origi,Lallana and they can throw on Bernardo, Mahrez etc

Front 3 about equal IMO

Firmino < Jesus

Salah > Sterling

Mane = Sane

We had the highest scoring front three in Europe last season. Either that or it was PSG, I don't fully remember. Either way, objectively, LFC have the better front three. 

And Jesus at this point in time is not better than Firmino. Not in any part of the game. 

We had the highest scoring front three in Europe last season. Either that or it was PSG, I don't fully remember. Either way, objectively, LFC have the better front three.

I disagree. I completely forgot about Aguero earlier. Mane and Firmino wouldn’t start every game for City. Aguero would for us definitely. I think Jesus would too, but not many people agree, which is fine. Also Mahrez is a far better player than Shaqiri.
  • Downvote 1

I disagree. I completely forgot about Aguero earlier. Mane and Firmino wouldn’t start every game for City. Aguero would for us definitely. I think Jesus would too, but not many people agree, which is fine. Also Mahrez is a far better player than Shaqiri.

Salah, Mané, Firmino is the best front 3 in world football.

• Upvote 2

Our regular front three scored more goals than City's regular front three. Ours has the better chemistry. I don't see what's so hard to understand. Those are facts. 

• Upvote 1

In light of Can leaving and AOC's lengthy lay off, we're still short of numbers, particularly in midfield, aren't we? I don't know the situation with Fekir, I wasn't massively keen to begin with, but it feels like squad depth is still seriously lacking and only Shaquiri will be the noticeable difference on the bench.

What / who am I missing?

In light of Can leaving and AOC's lengthy lay off, we're still short of numbers, particularly in midfield, aren't we? I don't know the situation with Fekir, I wasn't massively keen to begin with, but it feels like squad depth is still seriously lacking and only Shaquiri will be the noticeable difference on the bench.

What / who am I missing?

For the 3 midfield positions we have Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum and AOC. You usually want 2 for every position and we have that even with AOC’s injury.

I’d love a number 10 but it’s not totally pressing. We could see how things go and then reassess in January.

Yeah midfield is fine, we're well stocked.

Just lacking one other quality forward option for me. But then we would be all set for everything.

Well stocked if we're assuming Lallana stays fit.

And that's not smart.

For the 3 midfield positions we have Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum and AOC. You usually want 2 for every position and we have that even with AOC’s injury.

I’d love a number 10 but it’s not totally pressing. We could see how things go and then reassess in January.

I think relying on the fitness of Henderson and Lallana in particular is a worry. Despite the money spent it still feels like we're just falling short and there might never be a better time to strike while the iron is hot.

I don't think any major player is leaving this summer, fingers crossed, but that could change over the next year and we'll be back in transition.

I think your telly is upside down and inside out 

Klopp wouldn’t play any of their forward players ahead of ours for one simple reason. We have the hardest working front 3 at the top end of world football. As good as Aguero is he does not have the same work rate as Firmino and he’s not that much better than him technically to outweigh it and play him. Same with Sane. Salah doesn’t even need an explanation.

With the additions we’ve made it’s going to be interesting to see just how much better we can be because we were pretty fucking good in the second half of last season. If the consistency goes up with quality of players we’ve signed we can do exactly what city did last season. I’ve got no doubts about it.