You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Joyce, Pearce and King all saying that Alisson is likely our last summer signing. Does not look like Fekir will be happening.

As good as this window has been so far, still think we are a Coutinho replacement short from what's required to beat City to the title. We are going to end up relying on a crocked Lallana to fill the attacking midfield spot next to Keita and Fabinho, and even if he stays fit it's debatable whether he's good enough to be starter in a title-wining side anyway.

Fekir/alternative or not there can be no complaints about the owners this year for the first time in a long time.  They've finally backed the manager and Klopp goes into his first full season without his hands tied behind his back.

A proper creative midfielder would put the cherry on the cake and set us up nicely to just need to add one or two top drawer players every summer.

I can put up with Lovren for what will surely be his last season now cause he's the only poor footballer in our starting line up.

And even he played in the World Cup Final. He wouldn't be the worst if Mignolet and Moreno were still guaranteed starters. We've come a long way, baby.

Most of these guys also said recently we were not gonna pursue Allisson. As close as they might be to the club, I think we've decided not to share anything to them till it becomes official to a point. I still think there will be 1 more signing, that if a CAM. But is it fekir, Brandt, dealer, I don't know.

I wouldn’t automatically believe what the club are saying. We were happy with Karius to be number 1 about 2 weeks ago. I think the squad is pretty good now and a Fekir deal would be a bonus. It means we’ve got a strong hand with Lyon because we can genuinely walk away. That Aulas guy is the one doing all the talking which is making them look weaker and weaker. I can see us going back in with a few days to go in the window and offering them something. If we do it now then I think it will just turn into a big game again of trying to bump the price up and it won’t get done because both sides will think they can get the better of the other.

Is the Vida thing happening? Sounds like the perfect Klopp player.

Just seen it mentioned as ‘sky sources’ saying a bid has been put in, this is how the Alisson one was first mentioned so you never know!

#LFC have moved on from Fekir and the main focus will now be on trimming down their squad. They have not contacted Lyon since the deal fell through. [Dom King]

Dominic King

@DominicKing_DM

Update on Alisson Becker. He's in the UK and @LFC will offer a six-year deal. Medical will take place tomorrow. Stories includes quotes from Klopp on his squad balance. Alisson likely to be last signing of the window

News of seriousness of Oxlade-Chamberlain injury goes some way to explaining why #LFC pulled plug on Fekir deal last month. They’ll have planned without Ox for the season and need an attacking midfielder at right price and reliably sturdy. Fekir at that point evidently was not.

Wouldn't be surprised if Shaqiri plays in midfield.  Fekir isn't the difference in a title anyway, we're absolute miles off City squad wise, as is to be expected.   What we have managed to do this summer is make sure we're not huge outsiders to even finish 4th again.

Disappointed that it looks like the Fekir ship has sailed , but as an FSG cynic I would have to say that even without him it has been a very good summer on paper.

I still think we are a bit light up front but assume the main idea is that if any of the 3 usual suspects is missing then the Kosovan Eagle comes in left or right. One positive with the Shaquiri signing is that we should not see Bobby having to play out wide.

Disappointed that it looks like the Fekir ship has sailed , but as an FSG cynic I would have to say that even without him it has been a very good summer on paper.

I still think we are a bit light up front but assume the main idea is that if any of the 3 usual suspects is missing then the Kosovan Eagle comes in left or right. One positive with the Shaquiri signing is that we should not see Bobby having to play out wide.

Maybe Klopp thinks Brewster is ready to play a part.

Wouldn't be surprised if Shaqiri plays in midfield. Fekir isn't the difference in a title anyway, we're absolute miles off City squad wise, as is to be expected. What we have managed to do this summer is make sure we're not huge outsiders to even finish 4th again.

State of this cunt.