You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Alessandro Austini (Roma's most reliable journalist apparently) been saying that Alisson wants to go and that Roma are willing to let him leave, and that we are the ones with the best offer so far.

If true, hope we close that one quickly. Chelsea will become a pain if they receive some Madrid money for Courtois.

Alessandro Austini (Roma's most reliable journalist apparently) been saying that Alisson wants to go and that Roma are willing to let him leave, and that we are the ones with the best offer so far.

If true, hope we close that one quickly. Chelsea will become a pain if they receive some Madrid money for Courtois.

I think Allison goes to Chelsea and we’re left with Karius and Ward with Mignolet leaving, until someone else comes up who Klopp really wants. On a brighter note I’d guess were defo getting Fekir.

My big fear with Allison is that we sign him and within 2 or 3 years he is wanting to go to Real and we go through the whole Coutinho rabble again.

If Real want him it will only mean that he has been great for us in the interim & we can either use the money received to find another great goalie or ( hopefully ) Grabara will be ready to take over by then.

• Upvote 1

I know someone who was associated with the Manchester Olympic bid. He told me all the delegates were only interested in how quickly they could get to London.

Not just a WAG thing, I'm afraid

Always surprised that football fans forget that once the players get home they have families with all the attendant pressures we all have ( albeit with much more money than most ).

It's like we expect players we don't like to just immediately fuck off to suit us and the club whether they have valid contracts or not.

Picking one at random , Jack Rodwell has been getting dogs abuse for sitting on his contract but can you imagine the conversation at home 

' Hi love , I know Sunderland have given me a valid £40k pw contract but I'm not in the side at the moment & the fans want me gone so I think we should move to the other end of the country , sell the house , uproot the kids from school , move into rented & take a contract for £10k pw.  If it was my wife you would hear her laughing in the Midlands.

• Upvote 3

Don't know if there's anything in this rumour....

If there is... is he any good?  30m....

http://www.espnfc.com.au/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3567077/transfer-talk-liverpool-look-to-jasper-cillessen-to-solve-keeper-conundrum

Don't know if there's anything in this rumour....

If there is... is he any good? 30m....

http://www.espnfc.com.au/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3567077/transfer-talk-liverpool-look-to-jasper-cillessen-to-solve-keeper-conundrum

I see from that link that Barca are looking to get rid of both Munir and Sergi Samper, both touted as "next big things" a couple of years ago.

If you're rich, London is a better place to live than Northern England, simple as that really,   God knows why any of them come to England mind you if they're really bothered about location.

Nice mansion in Southport, Formby or Ainsdale for me. Cheaper and you can walk on the beach.

I see from that link that Barca are looking to get rid of both Munir and Sergi Samper, both touted as "next big things" a couple of years ago.

Sampur always looked quality whenever I seen him, haven’t seen him play for about 18 months so not sure how he’s progressed but at one point he looked a sure thing to replace Xavi in their first XI reminded me a lot of Pirlo.

Its no wonder Klopp isn't making a move for a keeper. 30ml for above average keepers this year when the word record is only 35ml or so. Fuck that,so long as Ward is solid and isn't throwing them in he is worth a shot.

• Upvote 1