You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Lyon President saying he’s had talks with Jose about Fekir.

Pearce has said we have, even though the player is extremely keen, walked away from the Fekir deal.

“Liverpool insist they have moved on from Fekir but sources close to the player still believe a deal could be revived," Liverpool Echo journalist James Pearce said during a Q&A.

"His heart was set on Anfield and Lyon are clearly still keen to cash in.

“Having decided that £53million was too big a risk due to concerns over an old knee injury, I'd be surprised if Liverpool went back in for him.

“I still expect Klopp to sign a (Philippe) Coutinho replacement in this window but as we've seen with the left-back and the centre-back situations in recent years, if he can't get exactly what he wants he's prepared to wait."

Lyon President saying he’s had talks with Jose about Fekir.

Aulas is like that one lad at your work who's 2 stone overweight and lazy as anything but tells stories of his time in the "Her Majesty's Rangers Special Forces Marines brigade" that he can't talk about but then he does.

If he says Fekir is moving to United, then he's more likely to sign for LA Galaxy or Napoli.

That Quintero of Colombia looks decent. Might be a cheaper alternative to Fekir.

I was listening to radio spot the other day from South America based Tim Vickery and he said if he was currently to name a 'favourite' world eleven that the first name on the team sheet and captain would be Quintero. However he also mentioned that he would be surprised to see him see a full game through. I missed a bit of what he was saying due to a phone call so can't be sure whether that was due to fitness issue's or otherwise but it did seem like fulsome praise from someone who I personally think often speaks a lot of sense. I'm not sure what the visa situation is with the guy. Currently with River Plate in Argentina on loan from Porto as I understand.

I was listening to radio spot the other day from South America based Tim Vickery and he said if he was currently to name a 'favourite' world eleven that the first name on the team sheet and captain would be Quintero. However he also mentioned that he would be surprised to see him see a full game through. I missed a bit of what he was saying due to a phone call so can't be sure whether that was due to fitness issue's or otherwise but it did seem like fulsome praise from someone who I personally think often speaks a lot of sense. I'm not sure what the visa situation is with the guy. Currently with River Plate in Argentina on loan from Porto as I understand.

Not sure Jurgen would see him as his type of player but you never know. He played a few minutes at the last World Cup but since then, his career has stalled big time. Loaned around a bit in Europe without ripping up any trees and was then loaned back to his hometown club here in Colombia. Did well enough and then he went on loan to River. There have been question marks about his fitness and attitude at times, but he´s a lovely player to watch; bit of a throw back I guess. Porto were looking for 10 million usd I think about 6 months ago although they might be bumping that figure if his world cup form continues. Can´t have more than 1-2 years on his contract though.

• Upvote 1

River Plate have a $4m option to buy Quintero from Porto, from whom the player is on loan to the Argentine club. I wouldn't be surprised if that fee is for less than 100% of the player's "economic rights", as these thid-party arragements that Latin American and Portuguese clubs tend to partake in. I would be even less surprised if Porto's asking price was at least 10 times that for PSG, Bayern, the two Spanish cunts, Juventus or any Premier League club looking to buy him.