You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Can see certain circumstances where we might have a chance of Dembele on a loan ( similar to the Real/Bayern Rodriguez deal ) but can't see any way that Barcelona are going to take a £40/£50m bath on his transfer fee in a market where fees are booming.

Get Keita, Fabinho, Fekir and Dembele and we can play without a goalie.

• Upvote 1

Can see certain circumstances where we might have a chance of Dembele on a loan ( similar to the Real/Bayern Rodriguez deal ) but can't see any way that Barcelona are going to take a £40/£50m bath on his transfer fee in a market where fees are booming.

Hehe. Playing without a keeper would be fun. Or maybe have a fly keeper.

I’m not sure Fekir is vital to us, and maybe if Lyon play hardball then we might walk away and work on another tweak to the formation and use £70m on a top striker with Firmino dropping back.

Besides which, I think Fekir might be a rumour we’re happy to keep going so we can work on Pulisic instead.

It isn’t some computer game Funnee. Back in the real world if Dortmund receive a bid from us for Pulisic you can pretty much guarantee they will be straight on the phone to every other club asking can they beat it.

That's incredible insight into the real world and the projected Dortmund strategy. Thank you.

That's incredible insight into the real world and the projected Dortmund strategy. Thank you.

Sorry I was taking the piss mate. What I actually think they will do is say yes Liverpool we will keep quiet about any approach you make so it keeps the price down for you. Also we want you to be able to surprise your fans with the signing so you appear very professional and in control. You see Dortmund exist to please Liverpool.

I think you'll find we've been playing without a goalie since June 2013.

I’m not sure Fekir is vital to us, and maybe if Lyon play hardball then we might walk away and work on another tweak to the formation and use £70m on a top striker with Firmino dropping back.

Besides which, I think Fekir might be a rumour we’re happy to keep going so we can work on Pulisic instead.

Does it feel mad even typing that?

Why would they loan out Dembele? Either they'd sell him to comply with FFP or they'll keep him because he's a quality player. Loaning him out makes no sense if they're trying to recoup money to buy Griezmann

Apparently, they haven’t warmed to each other and if barca can do a 2 year loan deal with option to buy they can avoid making any payments due to Dortmund and the club taking him would have to pay them. Or something like that

Is it? I really dont know. Was just a passing comment given that Athletico will apparently go for him. Where did you read about his clause?

I can't remember, but a quick search says its lower... 20m.  That's a steal.  Still prefer Oblak, though.

Edit: Nope, he signed a new deal in January, and its 80m euros now.

• Upvote 1

Sorry I was taking the piss mate. What I actually think they will do is say yes Liverpool we will keep quiet about any approach you make so it keeps the price down for you. Also we want you to be able to surprise your fans with the signing so you appear very professional and in control. You see Dortmund exist to please Liverpool.

All you've got to do is say what you actually think, mate.

Anyway, thanks again.

If there is any truth to this then surely the some of Henderson,Milner,Grujic,Wijnaldum and Lallana must be on the chopping block. Don't see how we can have so many midfielders with AOC,Keita,Fabinho and possibly Fekir all there

Liverpool are in pole position to land Benfica playmaker Anderson Talisca this summer.

That is according to Portuguese outlet Record, who say the Reds have as good a chance as anyone of landing the in-demand star in the transfer window.

Jurgen Klopp has already sealed a deal for Fabinho and also wants to take Nabil Fekir to Anfield from Lyon.

And Talisca, 24, could also arrive on Merseyside after Besiktas opted not to take up the £18.5million option to buy him following his two-year spell on loan in Turkey.

Talisca scored 37 goals in 78 appearances for Besiktas.

If there is any truth to this then surely the some of Henderson,Milner,Grujic,Wijnaldum and Lallana must be on the chopping block. Don't see how we can have so many midfielders with AOC,Keita,Fabinho and possibly Fekir all there

Liverpool are in pole position to land Benfica playmaker Anderson Talisca this summer.

That is according to Portuguese outlet Record, who say the Reds have as good a chance as anyone of landing the in-demand star in the transfer window.

Jurgen Klopp has already sealed a deal for Fabinho and also wants to take Nabil Fekir to Anfield from Lyon.

And Talisca, 24, could also arrive on Merseyside after Besiktas opted not to take up the £18.5million option to buy him following his two-year spell on loan in Turkey.

Talisca scored 37 goals in 78 appearances for Besiktas.

Wonder why Besiktas aren’t taking the option to buy and the re sell at a profit next year