You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

This is likely bullshit but anyway:

Liverpool will attempt to sign Barcelona’s backup goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen this summer, according to reports in the Spanish press.

El Mundo Deportivo reports the English club are hoping to refresh their goalkeeping options in the wake of Saturday’s Champions League final defeat.

An agent acting on behalf of Liverpool has reportedly approached Barca regarding the Dutch goalkeeper’s availability, but it was made clear there would be no negotiating down the €60m release clause.

Cillessen, 29, joined Barca from Ajax in 2016 but has struggled to dislodge Marc-Andre Ter Stegen from the number one spot and has made just two La Liga appearances across two seasons.

Liverpool are reportedly willing to sell first-choice goalkeeper Lorius Karius following his errors in Saturday’s defeat to Real Madrid.

Cillessen’s current deal with the Blaugrana runs until June 2021 but said last month: “I love this club, but I am a professional and I want to play more than 10 games every season, it's that simple.”

60 million Euro for a player who you signed for 15 million and who hardly plays - hmmmm...

So, with the emergence of TAA at RB, and Fabinho's ability to cover that position, does this signal the end for Clyne?

I'd keep him as back-up for Robbo and emergencies and fuck off Bert Moron.

However, only based on him actually being fit and ready to still play at this level. 

If not, pointless all round, though we'll inevitably still be paying some of his wages if he has to take a step down.

I'd keep him as back-up for Robbo and emergencies and fuck off Bert Moron.

However, only based on him actually being fit and ready to still play at this level. 

If not, pointless all round, though we'll inevitably still be paying some of his wages if he has to take a step down.

I've got a feeling Bert will stay, but his new role is chief jester to keep our South American contingent amused. They all seem to love him.

I've got a feeling Bert will stay, but his new role is chief jester to keep our South American contingent amused. They all seem to love him.

I'd say he makes a great butler monkey, but imagine the carnage.

Some things are beyond being trained for comic effect.

At years end Klopp said something like - Moreno can play any position on the field, including the 10 and is the best shooter in the squad -- makes you wonder.

I know a shooter when I see one, and Moreno ain't one.

True.

But the same could be said of us (albeit for significantly less). Terence Trent Darby aside?

I'm not sure it can, you know. Were pretty much 'carbon neutral' in terms of spending under Klopp. Even then, we are spending what we earn. They... Don't. It's crazy, their outgoings over the long term.