You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Just watching Sly Sports News and their "analysis" of our Fabinho capture. They're unreal, they really are, they just select Fabinho and Emre Can (why not?) and post up random figures and compare the two without any context or insight whatsoever.

Next they decide to balance the books and show where the Coutinho money has been spent, seemingly plucking wild figures out if thin air. Additionally, they don't even seem remotely arsed to convert euros to pounds, just as long as the graphics and the Sky crumpet looks nice then I guess they don't rightly give a fuck.

Shithouse lazy tabloid back page journalism for the ill informed mongy masses digitised and force fed for just £69.99 a month!

• Upvote 1

Was watching a gorgeous video of Stanislav Lobotka earlier on.

Celta Vigo midfielder, the video was all about showing how he gets away from players in midfield. Honestly, the fucking bellend just finds a way, clips v Barcelona among others.

Very impressed.

Hazard of Central Midfield.  No fucker can get the ball off him.

I'm starting to think that Klopp might be looking at a 4231 a bit more often next season.

We're boss at scoring goals, so let's put another player up front and set up a solid bank behind them.

Couldn't really do that last season I think, never really had the mids to cover the ground and offer that shield.

Now we have a great chance to do something like this:

-------------------------GK--------------------------

----------Van Dijk--------------Lovren---------------

Trent-------Fabinho-----------Keita---------Robinson

---Salah--------------Fekir-----------------Mane

---------------------Firmino------------------------

Something like that. So the full backs and the defensive mids basically become one line playing just ahead of our two centre backs.

A player like Fekir in the lines, but it could be Keita on occassion, or Woodburn, or someone else we buy. It could even be Firmino, and then we buy another striker to play ahead of him, with Firmino playing more like a midfielder, closing every bastard down.

The 4231 is certainly a lot more potent now than it was last season. We have 2 formations we can use to devastating effect.

• Upvote 2

Crocks, they're a drain. Lallana, Henderson, and AOC. Lovely lads, shite joints.

AOC was naive with his tackle he shouldn't have done it the way he did, I think he will be OK in the long run.

Lallana is made of Lego, Henderson is made of a Lego cardboard box.

I'm starting to think that Klopp might be looking at a 4231 a bit more often next season.

We're boss at scoring goals, so let's put another player up front and set up a solid bank behind them.

Couldn't really do that last season I think, never really had the mids to cover the ground and offer that shield.

Something like that. So the full backs and the defensive mids basically become one line playing just ahead of our two centre backs.

A player like Fekir in the lines, but it could be Keita on occassion, or Woodburn, or someone else we buy. It could even be Firmino, and then we buy another striker to play ahead of him, with Firmino playing more like a midfielder, closing every bastard down.

The 4231 is certainly a lot more potent now than it was last season. We have 2 formations we can use to devastating effect.

Have we made another super stealthy signing from Brazil named Robinson?

That’s my reading of it. Creating options.

Looking at the middle of the park i still hope we add at least one more.

If you look at improving it then look at where it was at start of this season...to where it stands now.

Coutinho and Can gone.

Ox, Keita and Fabinho in.

So we are 1 up in 'numbers' but one of those is crocked and badly crocked at that.

As for the rest Milner is now nearly 33, Lallana's fitness is a bigger concern now than it was at start of season.

So for me at least one more quality addition is needed for us to be showing real improvement in there.

If we are hoping for a 60 game season next year then for me we need one more in there.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the middle of the park i still hope we add at least one more.

If you look at improving it then look at where it was at start of this season...to where it stands now.

Coutinho and Can gone.

Ox, Keita and Fabinho in.

So we are 1 up in 'numbers' but one of those is crocked and badly crocked at that.

As for the rest Milner is now nearly 33, Lallana's fitness is a bigger concern now than it was at start of season.

So for me at least one more quality addition is needed for us to be showing real improvement in there.

If we are hoping for a 60 game season nest year then for me we need one more in there.

Henderson is still around so he’s an option.

Henderson is still around so he’s an option.

I was only looking at changes...Henderson, Wijnaldum are in the no change category for me.

Both are useful to have around and are decent squad members who will get a fair amount of time on the park in a long season...personally i wouldn't have either starting as first choice though.

Ox is due back in November. Henderson and Gini to fill in for his absence isn’t the worst idea is what I’m saying.

I get that but i'd still like one more given how brittle some are and as we have just seen how the demands of a long season can stretch a squad (and we did fuck all in the domestic cups, which would be nice to change which adds more games)

For me there is room for one more.

I would say dependant if we can get Fekir in, I think it would spell the end of Lallana. This would be the last season we might be able to get any form of fee from selling him, and there should be some serious doubts regarding his fitness after spending an entire season on the sidelines.

It's a bit sad as I really like his close control and attitude on the pitch. He's willing runner and when he was fit and got an extended run in the team he did well (not out wide).

But we need to move forward, and from everyone in the squad, I'd say him and Milner are the most expendable at the moment due to age and fitness.

Not so sure I agree.

I mean, obviously on paper it's the best way to get Fekir, Keita, Mane, Firmino, and Salah onto the pitch at the same time. But it doesn't suit Bobby at all, and he's the most important player we have in terms of making the system we use work.

I'd say the 4-2-3-1 might come out when Solanke or even Brewster are playing off the bench next season - that I could see working. But I think the games Firmino starts it will be a 4-3-3, because that allows him to exploit space with clever runs when we're on the ball and press the front off the ball.

The time to sell Lallana was last season unfortunately.  Hopefully we're done buying players so utterly average.  We created a whole fucking midfield where the best player wasn't much more useful than a squad option at best.

Klopp has hopefully put an end to that.

I get that but i'd still like one more given how brittle some are and as we have just seen how the demands of a long season can stretch a squad (and we did fuck all in the domestic cups, which would be nice to change which adds more games)

For me there is room for one more.

Maybe there is, but far from priority IMO.