You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

What a summer this could be for us.

In

Keita

Fabinho

Fekir

Allison

Another CB – Lascelles?

Out

Mignolet

Klavan

Markovic

Sturridge

Solanke (On-Loan)

Ideally we would bring a striker in but I can see him keeping Origi and Ings as back-up. I honestly think that if our summer pans out anything like that then we are serious title contenders next year.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What a summer this could be for us.

In

Keita

Fabinho

Fekir

Allison

Another CB – Lascelles?

Out

Mignolet

Klavan

Markovic

Sturridge

Solanke (On-Loan)

Ideally we would bring a striker in but I can see him keeping Origi and Ings as back-up. I honestly think that if our summer pans out anything like that then we are serious title contenders next year.

I can't see any way in the world we sign a centre half, unless it's a kid for buttons or Klavan asks to go (and even then we still have four in VVD, Lovren, Matip and Joey G). I definitely think we'll sign another forward though - and a top class one.

• Upvote 1

Just saying in the Henderson thread that if we get Fekir surely we cannot acrry 9 midfielders fgor 3 places

Who would you move on ?

Fekir

Fabinho

Keith

Henderson

Gini

AOC

Milner

Lallana

Grujic

I think Grujic will be getting loaned out again, I’d hope to a premier league side this time. I’m not sure we’d sell him outright but then again there’s always that idea with a buyback clause if the club think it’s worth it. Milner’s not getting any younger. The man’s a machine but at some point he’s got to be phased out. For that reason I’d sell him if the money was worth it but I doubt we look too as he’s very versatile. If anyone offers us decent money for Lallana we should take them up on it, he’s always injured and consistently inconsistent. I’d listen to offers for Gini and Henderson as well but would be more reluctant to sell either of them.

Lemar has piss poor stats this season. 2 league goals for Monaco.

Can't see it at all given we're hopefully signing Fekir.

Would rather have Pulisic or Sessegnon.

Yeah, but we do need that player capable of playing midfield who can carry the ball through the lines.

I think Lemar makes a lot of sense now, his value will have dropped since the last time we spoke because, as you say, he's had a very average season.

Also, Monaco have just had a lovely experience conducting a transfer with us. Which is surprising considering the perceived aggro between us and them at the end of the last transfer window when we were being quoted £92m for him on the last day.

• Upvote 1

Not only the signings, but remember we have Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn, both approaching that age where Klopp might be thinking about finding a regular space on the bench for them to start getting game time.

Rhian Brewster is another, by all accounts we've warded off interest in him, all gone quiet there.

Pre-season games are going to be very interesting this year, we'll be strong from the very start, all the younger lads will be hungry to push through like Trent did, and then there's the likes of Milner, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Van Dijk etc not going the World Cup.

Have you seen how much Roma have signed Ante Coric for? £5.25m!

No way should we have sat by idly watching that happen. Fucking daylight robbery.

I thought the same but then I remembered we are trying to engage in a potentially very tricky negotiation with them over Alisson and it is probably not the week to go gazzumping them to a player Monchi really wanted.

As long as it ends up with us getting Alisson I'll say it was a good choice to just stay out of it and let Roma have Coric.

Not only the signings, but remember we have Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn, both approaching that age where Klopp might be thinking about finding a regular space on the bench for them to start getting game time.

Rhian Brewster is another, by all accounts we've warded off interest in him, all gone quiet there.

Pre-season games are going to be very interesting this year, we'll be strong from the very start, all the younger lads will be hungry to push through like Trent did, and then there's the likes of Milner, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Van Dijk etc not going the World Cup.

It was reported BMG had backed off Brewster after Liverpool cancelled the pre season game but Bild reported a couple of days later that they were still interested. Brewster still has not signed a new contract and does not seem inclined as of yet. Hopefully that may change but looking at this from the outside the more better players we sign the more he may be inclined to see his chances further reduced and still want away. I think he would be making a massive mistake.

Yeah, but we do need that player capable of playing midfield who can carry the ball through the lines.

I think Lemar makes a lot of sense now, his value will have dropped since the last time we spoke because, as you say, he's had a very average season.

Also, Monaco have just had a lovely experience conducting a transfer with us. Which is surprising considering the perceived aggro between us and them at the end of the last transfer window when we were being quoted £92m for him on the last day.

We’re no longer interested according to Neil Jones.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-liverpool-beat-arsenal-atletico-and-man-utd-to-secret/1mfq68qihrxa31mx1wfkx3b50g

Just saying in the Henderson thread that if we get Fekir surely we cannot acrry 9 midfielders fgor 3 places

Who would you move on ?

Fekir

Fabinho

Keith

Henderson

Gini

AOC

Milner

Lallana

Grujic

Crocks, they're a drain. Lallana, Henderson, and AOC. Lovely lads, shite joints.

Was watching a gorgeous video of Stanislav Lobotka earlier on.

Celta Vigo midfielder, the video was all about showing how he gets away from players in midfield. Honestly, the fucking bellend just finds a way, clips v Barcelona among others.

Very impressed.

Was watching a gorgeous video of Stanislav Lobotka earlier on.

Celta Vigo midfielder, the video was all about showing how he gets away from players in midfield. Honestly, the fucking bellend just finds a way, clips v Barcelona among others.

Very impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAxh0hDLpS4

Didn't he work on the docks in The Wire?

• Upvote 2