You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

If Barca want to send him on loan to free up a non-EU spot in their squad for another player, how exactly does that work in terms of whether he would need a work permit in England or not?

He would have to satisfy the Department for Works player eligibility criteria I think. In other words he would not be a shoe in to play here so that story could be rubbish.

Seems a bit of an odd one, this.

Not that he's looked a terrible player at Barca in his brief time there. Just that we'd be interested in a one-year loan deal on a 23-year old centre back. Must be an option for us to buy him in there or it makes very little sense at all.

It's odd until you remember that 99% of transfer rumours are made up bollocks and this one almost certainly falls into that category.

I´ve been keeping an eye on Mina since he was at Santa Fe here in Colombia a few years back. It´s probably bollocks as he´s only in the door at Barca after a protracted enough transfer, but if there´s a chance, we should take it. He´s got the physical presence to be suited to the game in England and even though he´s a tall lad (bout 6 4 I think) he´s no slouch and he can play a bit too. Would be a great threat from set plays too. Like I said, probably bollocks as like any South American, getting to Barca has been a big thing for him. Was always going to need time to setlle in there after moving to Europe, but wouldn´t surprise me if he featured a lot more next year. If there´s any truth in it and there´s a chance, do it, and do it before the World Cup as he could easily be a break out player there.

• Upvote 1

WHEN DOES THE TRANSFER WINDOW OPEN?

Unlike previous years, this summer’s transfer window will open on Friday, May 17.

WHY IS THE TRANSFER WINDOW OPENING EARLY THIS YEAR?

Last September, Premier League clubs voted to close the transfer window before the start of the season, with the change coming into effect prior to the start of 2018/19.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain left Arsenal for Liverpool on summer 2017 deadline day

The window now has to close at 5pm on the Thursday before the first game of the new campaign.

FIFA regulations state that every country must have at least one transfer window that lasts for 12 weeks, and because the closing date has been pushed back the opening date must also move back.

WHEN DOES THE TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSE?

Premier League clubs will no longer be able to buy players after 5pm on Thursday, August 9. They can still sell players until August 31 as no other league has adopted the earlier deadline.

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/transfer-window-open-when-2018-early-premier-league#VLCYHKMEAlpoP9cr.99

RMC Sport:

Real Madrid is set to offer €70 million for Roma goalkeeper Alisson. Several meetings have already occurred between the player's entourage and the Spanish club. https://t.co/Z2mHl3scCM

RMC Sport were the ones bigging up the Fekir deal, and they claimed much the same as they are here about Alisson, saying that the player and his 'people' were speaking to the prospective buying club.

As far as I know, they didn't. There was supposed to be an agreement in place that the two Madrid sides wouldn't target each others' players when De Gea made the move to Utd.

I’m talking about when he was at Utd 2/3 years ago with his contract In its final year and Madrid reportedly had the option of signing him up to a certain date.

I’m talking about when he was at Utd 2/3 years ago with his contract In its final year and Madrid reportedly had the option of signing him up to a certain date.

Everything had been agreed but somebody at Real didn't send the necessary paperwork in time so they missed the deadline. I think Keylor Navas has done extremely well for them (he has made a few bad errors too) but they obviously want marketable players in their team for commercial reasons, and Navas is not a marketable name. It's typical Florentino Perez thinking, though not quite as bad as when he got rid of Makelele, who at the time was the only consistently functioning part of their midfield (Figo played as a wide forward, Zidane could blow hot and cold, they didn't trust youngsters like Cambiasso, and Guti was flaky as fuck).