You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Not us but Juve set to offer Chelsea £15m for Morata who cost Chelsea £58m at the beginning of the season. If you believe the gossip that is. Surely taking the piss if true.

That's for a loan deal with a view to a £40m deal afterwards, no?

Not us but Juve set to offer Chelsea £15m for Morata who cost Chelsea £58m at the beginning of the season. If you believe the gossip that is. Surely taking the piss if true.

We should be all over that. He’s been a bit unlucky I think.

I'd have Morata here for £35m, without question. They're playing him wrong. He's not a traditional number 9. They whip crosses in all game and expect him to hold the ball up, but that's not his game. They had to buy Giroud in January just to fulfil that role and they look much better with Giroud on the pitch.

It all stems from their failure to sign Lukaku in the summer. That's the cause of their current malaise. Morata would be good for us in the Firmino role. Our style suits him much better. 

Chelsea like to scapegoat their players and he's the new Hazard in that respect. They'll definitely look to replace in the summer. 

• Upvote 2

Could see him being a better player under Klopp but the smart signing would be someone who can play across the front three, not someone to back up Firmino.  They'd get more game time and fulfil more needs in the squad.

Klopp loves his versatile players.

Could see him being a better player under Klopp but the smart signing would be someone who can play across the front three, not someone to back up Firmino. They'd get more game time and fulfil more needs in the squad.

Klopp loves his versatile players.

I reckon we’ll keep Ings and Solanke as pure back up centre forwards. Fekir, or Lemar maybe, as someone who can play wide forward and also attackkng midfield.

Salah will be first replacement for Firmino in the central role.

I reckon we’ll keep Ings and Solanke as pure back up centre forwards. Fekir, or Lemar maybe, as someone who can play wide forward and also attackkng midfield.

Salah will be first replacement for Firmino in the central role.

Wouldn't have much need to ever rely on Ings and Solanke either which is a good thing.

Based solely on youtube clips, I'd love us to sign nabil fecker or tony pulisic. Not the best way to judge a player, I know, but I don't the time or the desire to watch full games of footy if it doesn't concern Liverpool. 

Not sure who'd suit us best but they both look brilliant. What do you reckon the chances are of us signing either of these?

BREAKING: 23-year old Barcelona center-back Yerry Mina will move to Liverpool next season. Barcelona and Liverpool have agreed a one year loan for the Colombian. [@ElChiringuitoTV] https://t.co/T88GDFyUn4

Seems a bit of an odd one, this.

Not that he's looked a terrible player at Barca in his brief time there. Just that we'd be interested in a one-year loan deal on a 23-year old centre back. Must be an option for us to buy him in there or it makes very little sense at all.

Seems a bit of an odd one, this.

Not that he's looked a terrible player at Barca in his brief time there. Just that we'd be interested in a one-year loan deal on a 23-year old centre back. Must be an option for us to buy him in there or it makes very little sense at all.

Where's the yacht money, John?

Oh, I see...

BREAKING: 23-year old Barcelona center-back Yerry Mina will move to Liverpool next season. Barcelona and Liverpool have agreed a one year loan for the Colombian. [@ElChiringuitoTV] https://t.co/T88GDFyUn4

If Barca want to send him on loan to free up a non-EU spot in their squad for another player, how exactly does that work in terms of whether he would need a work permit in England or not?