You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Anyone got any names I can hijack and pretend I knew about them for ages, and trumpet their signing? I love nothing more than to pretend I know about these players cos they were mentioned on here, and then tell all my homies.

William Cosby is a bit of a predator.

You suggesting he's as good as Lemar?

I think he's better than Lemar. Younger with more potential also. Think his attributes also fit the team better, he's more dynamic with the ball. Kinda reminds me a bit of a younger Coutinho before his end product developed into what it is. Think he's faster than Coutinho though so could do a better job playing wide in the front three.

• Upvote 1

I'd go back for Julian Brandt again.

Just turned 22, fits profile across the front three and would improve massively under Klopp.

He didn’t want to come to us before because he was worried about not getting a game. Nothing will have change in his mind with that.

He didn’t want to come to us before because he was worried about not getting a game. Nothing will have change in his mind with that.

Do you not think being Champions League finalists or the atmosphere at Anfield against City and Roma or the fact that players improve under Klopp might have made him (or any potential targets) think again?

Anyone coming in will get plenty of starts as we need to rotate more and we have been lucky with injuries to our front 3.

Wouldn't sell to us

Not a chance in hell they'd risk selling to us and they look great

Rashford to Spurs

Kane to Utd

That's my guess,even if its Rashford this summer and Kane staying for a year with a behind the scenes deal for the year after

Wouldn't sell to us

Rashford to Spurs

Kane to Utd

That's my guess,even if its Rashford this summer and Kane staying for a year with a behind the scenes deal for the year after

I think Rashford will outlast Mourinho. Kane will let his contract run down and join either one of the mancs.

Wouldn't sell to us

Rashford to Spurs

Kane to Utd

Maureen is arrogant enough not to care about not selling to us.

Either martial or rashford would be great for us. I think Mourinho would sell for the right price which for us would be crazy money but surely even he would know it would be suicide to sell a local golden boy like rashford to us. Think we would have a better chance with martial myself.

I think Kane won't rush out of spurs and think he's more likely to go to real than united. Would be terrified of him going there as he would suit mourinho's style far more than rashford or martial.

I think he's better than Lemar. Younger with more potential also. Think his attributes also fit the team better, he's more dynamic with the ball. Kinda reminds me a bit of a younger Coutinho before his end product developed into what it is. Think he's faster than Coutinho though so could do a better job playing wide in the front three.

I'd love to know why a younger Coutinho is being touted at 100m.   A good chunk of these young players don't realise their potential.  So why the fuck pay what he might be worth some day.

I'd love to know why a younger Coutinho is being touted at 100m. A good chunk of these young players don't realise their potential. So why the fuck pay what he might be worth some day.

Because football is fucking bonkers.

Numbers stopped meaning anything about 2 years ago.

Can't wait to buy Clint Dempsey for £238m next year.

Because football is fucking bonkers.

Numbers stopped meaning anything about 2 years ago.

Can't wait to buy Clint Dempsey for £238m next year.

It's not gone that mad.  Just buy a player who actually is a 100m footballer and not one who might become one or might be playing for Toronto in a few years.

Stupid gamble to take on a player.

It’s a bit of both/and for me on the numbers. We definitely want good value, and at the same time, we are definitely going to have to pay to get the manager’s preferred targets.

Pulisic is already a good player but nowhere near the finished article. He should cost about £60M but, in the bonkers world of football, I’d expect it to be nearer to £100M. He’s the main man at Dortmund already, so they won’t want to sell and will need to be persuaded by the money on offer. German clubs look at the Premier League riches and add to the fee as they know we have money. And finally, the American factor will come into play, as there’s a lot of money to be made as Pulisic is their star man and should be for the next decade,

Arguably, if Pulisic is going to cost close to 100M and Sessegnon perhaps half that amount, we might do better going for the Fulham lad. Both of them fit the bill though - young, fast, already doing well (Pulisic at a higher level currently) and years of improvement to come.

Can anyone explain how Pulisic is worth 80m-100m based on his performances? Barring in mind that Sanches, Deulofeu, Halilović, Shaw, Bakkali and Gabigol were projected to be superstars at a similar age and most of them have been barely spoken about since.

Signing a 19 year old for £25m, fair enough. Spending nearly £100m on one is pure insanity.  

• Upvote 1

It's not gone that mad.  Just buy a player who actually is a 100m footballer and not one who might become one or might be playing for Toronto in a few years.

Stupid gamble to take on a player.

Or buy players who fit your style, regardless of price.