You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Chiellini, Robben, Ribery. All well into their thirties and would command massive wages.

I think it's extremely unlikely that we'll go for any of those three, it's simply not the way we work at the moment.

And even if I remember the Gary Macca times very well indeed, in general I support our current strategy.

Also a useful question to ask yourself is if we don't go for those players, where are they most likely to end up next season? At Real, Barca, Juventus, PSG or City? I doubt it, and there is a reason for that.

They'll be lucky to get 80 million for that lot, let alone double that. Alderweireld is 1 yr away from end of his contract and has hardly played the last 3-4 months. Dembele is past his peak even though he's still a bit better than some of our own midfielders, wanyama and rose are not that good.

If it'd be at all possible, I'd chuck a wedge at them for Son. I think he's one of the few of the few players in the world who'd fit into our front three perfectly, enabling us to give lads a breather now and again.

Agree with this but I can't see them selling.

Robben and Ribery will both be offered new 1 year deals but with the requirement that they will play less. So it's not clear yet whether they will accept.

They're both still very good but they'd have to accept to being squad depth here and at their age they could barely play 60 minutes in Klopp's system.  

If we sign Maddison, we should put a cheeky bid in for that Chelsea ball winning midfielder they got from Leicester. And try and coax Michael Bridges out of retirement.

We could then play Bridges off Maddison, Kante.

Unfortunately the price for those would be a bit too Streep.

If Spurs are serious about getting rid of Dembele and Alderweireld we should be all over them.

Our CB pairing would be the best in world football, which is mad considering Southampton sold one and replaced him with the other and Dembele is exactly what a Klopp midfielder is built like and plays a style that is exactly what he likes, he’s strong and skilful and dribbles straight through the heart of the opposition, he breaks the lines quickly and direct. He transitions from defence to attack very quickly on his own very much like Keita and Ox, which would be near impossible to stop.

Talks about a contract extension for Ragnar. If that is the case, I would be fairly pessimistic about the likelihood of us getting a new centre-back in the summer. It does not look like we are planning to sell Lovren or Matip either. So, that's four centre-backs plus a potential fifth one in Gomez going into next season. Can't see anyone coming in if we don't move one of them out first.