You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Loftus-Cheek has yet to sign an extension apparently. He started the season well before a run of injuries. I reckon he’d be worth a punt.

Finally one i agree with

Lads needs to leave to push on.

Should never have signed his last deal

He is definetly hugely talented. Physically incredibly strong and an engine to match it. How long does his current contract run ?

Like nearly all of Chelsea youngsters, they keep signing contract extensions and go out on loan elsewhere. I just looked on the Chelsea 2017/18 Wikipedia page, and they have 35 players who have signed a new contract within the past 12 months. Dominic Solanke bucked the trend, and it seems like Loftus-Cheek isn't keen to stick around and meandering either.

• Upvote 1

Hope the club are working hard to get deals signed up early this summer. It is a short window for English clubs seeing as the nobs decided to bring the first window in with an end a week before the PL season kicks off on 11 August in the same year as a World Cup. Read the other day we play our first pre season game 13 days after the World Cup final. Madness.

Hope the club are working hard to get deals signed up early this summer. It is a short window for English clubs seeing as the nobs decided to bring the first window in with an end a week before the PL season kicks off on 11 August in the same year as a World Cup. Read the other day we play our first pre season game 13 days after the World Cup final. Madness.

The English players would have been back a good couple of weeks by then.

• Upvote 2

Not sure where Lemar fits for us. Isn't really the same sort of player as Mane or Salah, and with Ox improving and Keita arriving i don't think we have space for him in centre mid.

Maybe we go 4-2-3-1 more often next season and use him on the left of the three.

I think he'd be a great fit in one of the wide forward or advanced midfield roles, just like Coutinho was.

Would enable us to perm any 3 from 4 along the forward line, with Salah or Mane stepping in for Bobby from time to time.

I think Lemar would be an astute signing for us.

Loftus-Cheek has yet to sign an extension apparently. He started the season well before a run of injuries. I reckon he’d be worth a punt.

Repped for adding a name to the mix not often heard.

He’s a good player, with bags of potential to become very good if he works hard. Interesting shout.

PS - trying to decide on the next step for Liverpool. Do we need ‘sure things’ like Keita for the midfield, or more diamonds to polish? I think perhaps the former.

Hasn't Lemar scored just two goals all season? I thought he looked like a real prospect last summer but he seems to have gone backwards. Is there anyone on here who has watched him in more than a couple of games and can offer some insight on him?

Hasn't Lemar scored just two goals all season? I thought he looked like a real prospect last summer but he seems to have gone backwards. Is there anyone on here who has watched him in more than a couple of games and can offer some insight on him?

Haven’t watched him more than a few times myself but having read up he looks and been playing like he was gutted he didn’t get a deadline move then expected a January move that didn’t come and all his mates got sold but not him, he apparently feels let down that Monaco tried to price him out of a move and his performances have suffered as a result, whether that’s sulking or not being motivated enough or the fact that Monaco are a lot weaker than next year is anyone’s guess, Keita has gone through similarly tough times this season.

Lemar hasn't stepped up. When they lost Mbappe they needed someone else to take the mantle and he just hasn't done it. Lacazette left Lyon in a similar position and Fekir has made that step up to become the main man. I'd much rather sign the latter than the former for that reason. 

Lemar hasn't stepped up. When they lost Mbappe they needed someone else to take the mantle and he just hasn't done it. Lacazette left Lyon in a similar position and Fekir has made that step up to become the main man. I'd much rather sign the latter than the former for that reason.

Fekir is insane on the ball, he’s a magician, what position does he play though? That’s my only issue with him, especially where does he fit in terms of our team? Talent and ability alone I’d pick Fekir all day but maybe Klopp sees something in Lemar that fits our team and style of play.

I hope if we sign Lemar the price is well south of what we were about to pay last time.

First because he isnt worth that much.

Secondly it'll be good to get him on the cheap and save some cash to spend elsewhere

Thirdly it might make future potential selling clubs think twice about dicking us about over a few million, knowing that within a couple of months their asset might halve in value.

I hope if we sign Lemar the price is well south of what we were about to pay last time.

First because he isnt worth that much.

Secondly it'll be good to get him on the cheap and save some cash to spend elsewhere

Thirdly it might make future potential selling clubs think twice about dicking us about over a few million, knowing that within a couple of months their asset might halve in value.

He's done little to justify the price they're after.

I'm hoping we put in a very public bid for Martial.

Fekir is insane on the ball, he’s a magician, what position does he play though? That’s my only issue with him, especially where does he fit in terms of our team? Talent and ability alone I’d pick Fekir all day but maybe Klopp sees something in Lemar that fits our team and style of play.

He plays mainly as a number 10/second striker. Very difficult to see how we can fit him and Firmino in the same side. He basically occupies the same space Bobby is so effective at dropping back in. Also, not really the counter-pressing type. So, I would tend to agree with you. Brilliant player but probably not meant for us.

The way I see him is like Gini, or more specifically, what we thought we were getting when we signed Gini. A proper goalscoring midfielder. 

The way I see him is like Gini, or more specifically, what we thought we were getting when we signed Gini. A proper goalscoring midfielder.

What made you thought Gini was bought in to score goals?

Klopp specifically made reference to his Ttechical skills on the ball than his goal prowess.

What made you thought Gini was bought in to score goals?

Klopp specifically made reference to his Ttechical skills on the ball than his goal prowess.

He scored double figures for Newcastle. That's all i'm basing it on really and his time at PSV.