You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Keita, Jorginho and one from Henderson (he will probably get the nod when fit), with Wijnaldum, Ox and Grujic to rotate in. Arguably Gruijic might go on loan again, as he won’t see much action. Milner and Lallana, if still here, to make up the numbers. Add another pacy goalscoring winger and we’re getting there.

Maybe a centre back, maybe another striker, maybe a goalkeeper, but I’m not so sure on the three maybes.

Can’t see Jorginho happening, and you can make a case that we don’t need that type of player, with Keita and Henderson capable of unlocking a defence. I think we have not really lacked that aspect of midfield, it’s the solidity we lack at times. I’d rather look at Ndidi or someone like that.

Can’t see Jorginho happening, and you can make a case that we don’t need that type of player, with Keita and Henderson capable of unlocking a defence. I think we have not really lacked that aspect of midfield, it’s the solidity we lack at times. I’d rather look at Ndidi or someone like that.

April Fools was the other day mate.

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1

Have you actually watched any Cardiff games or are you basing this on stuff you’ve read. He’s been far from excellent in the games I’ve seen and he still does a lot of stupid shit whether it’s giving the ball away too many times in needless situations or giving crap fouls away. They don’t play great football so I’m not saying he’s going to be crap but the loan there hasn’t shown anything more about him to say he should be playing first team games here.

People can talk all day about Wijnaldum being anonymous and there’s some truth to it especially in away games it seems but he’s never costing us games or leaving the team exposed.

I’m not saying I’ve watched every Cardiff game myself so maybe I’ve caught him on a few off days but based on what I have seen I’d say he needs a year long loan next year to get more experience and hopefully iron out those mistakes which I think are down to nervousness and an eagerness to impress.

If we want to win the league even our squad players have to be ready to play now at our level and I don’t think Grujic is there yet or will be within 6 months.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194550

Cardiff fans seem pleased with Grujic.

Here are some comments from the above forum link.

I think he has been great, just what we needed in January and you can see why so highly rated by Klopp. Mind still didn't stop our fans judging him to early.

Grujic has grown into the position and he is turning out to be an excellent loan, maybe we can get him next season ?

Marco Grujic Cardiff City Stats :

10 Games

9 Wins

1 Draw

0 Losses

You can see exactly why Klopp rates him. Was effortlessly brilliant yesterday. Forming a formidable midfield bond with Callum Patterson

Was unreal yesterday, so good on the ball and they couldn't get near him.

Grujic has grown into every game, getting better all the time. He’s only 21 too. I love his posession play - it’s so hard to nick the ball off him. With Gunnar back and Rallsy on the mend, we’re going to have some serious options for the run in. Grujic and Gunnar combo is mouthwatering. But Pato is the man - that’s the signing of the season right there. That eye for goal is a rare ability. Love him! Can’t wait to see Warnock unleash this midfield against Wolves.

I'd love us to have him back on a season long loan next year

He just keeps getting better every game and is so composed on the ball

Def grown into the role. He gives the ball away in bad positions sometimes but other than that he's been a good signing!

I said on here a couple of weeks back that when Gunner is back then Grujic will be pushed more forward and then we will see his creative side more, I honestly think the guy is just going to get better and better.

A few have mentioned if we go up we should get him on loan next season also, is that an option that has been said by either club ? Or our fans wishful thinking ?

I'd have thought we would be in a great position to get him on loan again if we went up. Can't see him making the Liverpool team especially with Keita to join in the summer. If we went up it would be an obvious move to get him experience if warnock wanted him.

If we don't go up may still be an option I'd guess. Depends if anyone other clubs took an interest

• Upvote 2

Keita, Jorginho and one from Henderson (he will probably get the nod when fit), with Wijnaldum, Ox and Grujic to rotate in. Arguably Gruijic might go on loan again, as he won’t see much action. Milner and Lallana, if still here, to make up the numbers. Add another pacy goalscoring winger and we’re getting there.

Maybe a centre back, maybe another striker, maybe a goalkeeper, but I’m not so sure on the three maybes.

What is this Milner making up the numbers bollocks?

He shits on Wijnaldum and Oxlade all day, every day.

• Upvote 3

The thing with Grujic is, if Klopp thinks he'll compete for game time then he'll stay. We know Klopp isn't afraid to play young players so it's that simple really. With Can off I think it's more likely that he stays even if we sign another mid. If we sign 2 (in addition to Keita already coming, meaning 3 incoming total) then he's probably off but he'll get preseason to impress.

As far as a center forward/striker goes, we obviously need one as cover, but as to who that should be I'm not sure.

What is this Milner making up the numbers bollocks?

He shits on Wijnaldum and Oxlade all day, every day.

Maybe I didn’t say it as thoughtfully as I should.

Milner is a good player and a good pro. This season he has been on the bench a lot, but when he has played he hasn’t let anyone down. Next season, in the example I give, it assumes we sign two midfielders who would both be ahead of him in the pecking order. He won’t start regularly, hence the making up the numbers comment. But I like the fella. I would keep him for another season, by which time old Father Time will have decided for us.

PS - if all three of Milner, Wijnaldum and Ox are here next season, my bet is that Milner makes the least appearances, assuming all are available for a fairly even amount of games.

Don'r see it with Grujic, looks like a less talented Shelvey.  Very young though, so could put it together yet.

We need very fucking good midfielders, at least one more on top of Kieta.  I'm, sure pretty much any of the lot on the books at the minute could excel beside two quality players.

Don'r see it with Grujic, looks like a less talented Shelvey.  Very young though, so could put it together yet.

We need very fucking good midfielders, at least one more on top of Kieta.  I'm, sure pretty much any of the lot on the books at the minute could excel beside two quality players.

He looks like a 'confidence' player to me who needs to build up a head of steam to play to his highest standard. Either he gets that opportunity here and becomes a decent midfielder or he gets it somewhere else to either remain or come back. No point in him returning to get no games but I think if Can goes he has a chance to go up against Henderson and Wijnaldum, especially with Milner a little bit older next season too.

Harry Wilson's apparently been a class above since he joined Hull as well. The pair of them are some of the best players in the division.

He's a very interesting player. Got to hand it to him, he's got his head down and focused on his game. He's 21 now, and has basically never kicked a ball for us, some young players would have lost belief in themselves but he's refused to stand still, he's got a great attitude.

I'd happily include him as part of the squad next season, see if he's got another gear.