You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Jorginho sharing an Eaton mess with Klopp at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

If we could get Doucoure for a reasonable price (which we can't, because he's playing in this cash rich league) then he'd be a smart transfer. I like him, all long legs and interceptions, he reminds me a little of a more rounded Momo Sissoko before his eye went googly, he looks like he should be clumsier than he is.

If we could get Doucoure for a reasonable price (which we can't, because he's playing in this cash rich league) then he'd be a smart transfer. I like him, all long legs and interceptions, he reminds me a little of a more rounded Momo Sissoko before his eye went googly, he looks like he should be clumsier than he is.

I haven’t noticed Doucoure because Watford are rarely on tv but quite a few people are saying he’s been brilliant this season, I’ve seen more of Ndidi and he looks quality. A midfield of Jorginho Keita and Ndidi/Doucoure would have everything.

Who do people rate higher out of Doucoure and Ndidi?

I haven’t noticed Doucoure because Watford are rarely on tv but quite a few people are saying he’s been brilliant this season, I’ve seen more of Ndidi and he looks quality. A midfield of Jorginho Keita and Ndidi/Doucoure would have everything.

We won't sign 3 midfielders. It'll be Keita and one other. I haven't seen enough of Doucoure, Ndidi or Jorghino to say who's best.

We won't sign 3 midfielders. It'll be Keita and one other. I haven't seen enough of Doucoure, Ndidi or Jorghino to say who's best.

Not that I’ve seen too much of Doucoure like I said but Jorginho is by far the better player I’d imagine, he’s pretty awesome. Who we need most though is on Klopp and why he’s paid millions to spot and sign a player to make the team better. It’ll all depend on Can’s contract and whether Milner or Henderson or even Lallana moves on as to whether we buy two or three. If Can stays I think we’ll just get the one, a Jorginho or similar but if Can goes well have to replace him as No.6 so we’ll probably have to buy three, definitely three if Can and one more goes.

Depends on the make up of the midfield, but generally I'd say Ndidi. He's just turned 21, is already established and far more of a mobile DM. Doucoure seems like a rangy CM with an eye for breaking up play, who can be used as the most defensive midfielder. 

In terms of playing style, Sarri's Napoli are closest to the way Klopp likes to play, so Jorginho could slot in quite easily in any Klopp team. Another thing in his favour is that despite being an Italian international, he's actually Brazilian and we haven't done too badly with those. Doucoure is more of a box-to-box player than a DM, and though Ndidi is a DM, he plays as part of a central midfield tandem rather than at the base of a midfield 3. One thing our midfield options lack and that Jorginho could help provide is tactical game management, and that is something that neither Doucoure or Ndidi have in their game at the moment.

With Napoli, we might actually have a bargaining chip in any negotiations. There have been reports that they're looking to sign Mignolet as Reina's replacement, so we might be able to include the Belgian in any Jorginho deal. Mignolet wants regular first-team football next season which he won't get here, and he'd be first choice over there.

In terms of playing style, Sarri's Napoli are closest to the way Klopp likes to play, so Jorginho could slot in quite easily in any Klopp team. Another thing in his favour is that despite being an Italian international, he's actually Brazilian and we haven't done too badly with those. Doucoure is more of a box-to-box player than a DM, and though Ndidi is a DM, he plays as part of a central midfield tandem rather than at the base of a midfield 3. One thing our midfield options lack and that Jorginho could help provide is tactical game management, and that is something that neither Doucoure or Ndidi have in their game at the moment.

With Napoli, we might actually have a bargaining chip in any negotiations. There have been reports that they're looking to sign Mignolet as Reina's replacement, so we might be able to include the Belgian in any Jorginho deal. Mignolet wants regular first-team football next season which he won't get here, and he'd be first choice over there.

Jorginho in and Mig out at the same time?

Fucking get in.

If we had Jorginho sitting slightly deep but with freedom to move further forward at times dictating play and then Keita and Doucoure or Ndidi pressing high, other midfields wouldn’t know what’s hit them! They literally would suffocate every midfield they played against. Keita is a machine with and without the ball and Jorginho is a master at playing early balls forward or slowing the game right down.

Imagine Firmino pressing high centrally and backed up by Keita and Ndidi with Mane and Salah stopping it going to the full backs they’d end up playing it long for Van Dijk to outmuscle their striker and bring it down to Jorginho to start the attack all over again.

It’s credit to Klopp and whoever’s scouting these players because for the first time in a long time were only targeting players who we need and fit the system rather than someone who’s had a good season but doesn’t play anything like the way we do. We seem to only really be after players who either play at a high intensity or players that play at clubs who play similar. A world class player could become available but doesn’t fit the way we play and we wouldn’t be interested, that’s the way it should be. We are more than the sum of our parts, which means in theory we shouldn’t miss players if they leave because we buy similar players to replace them. Not replacing Suárez with Balotelli.

• Upvote 1

Ndidi is one of the best ball winners in the world already and Jorginho is one of the better ball players out there. We can't really go wrong with either, it just depends what we deem more important. 

I'll personally always want the player who can help us more on the ball and that would be Jorginho. 

Part of me wants a Doucoure or an Ndidi option, but reading the piece about Lovren yesterday, and how Klopp wants the defenders to play, makes me think we don’t really want that sort.

Lovren said Klopp wants the defenders high up, on the front foot, winning challenges, or the second ball if it comes to that, and springing attacks quickly. If that’s the case, and it looks like what we are doing to me, then in addition to Keita we need to sign a central midfielder who is excellent on the ball.

Someone with an eye for a pass, with at least three players on the run ahead of him to pick out to devastating effect, who can also dictate the tempo - especially if we are on top and we just need to take the sting out of the game. If that’s the role we need to fill then based on what I’ve been reading, Jorginho would be hard to beat. (If the likes of a Real Madrid or someone like that sign Jorginho, I still think Meyer would be a good alternate, especially on a Bosman, but Jorginho is more highly rated).

Jorginho and Keita transforms the midfield. Henderson, Ox and Gini add other options, Grujic too if he returns. (I’m not expecting much of Milner or Lallana, but if they are still here it’s hard to see them getting much game time).

What about the front three?

I would add a top class goal scoring wide man, the nearest we can find to Salah/Mane, someone with some pace like those two. That gives us most options to rotate a bit as players need a rest.

If reports of us being in for Werner are true, I can’t be unhappy about that as he’s a good player, but at that point it will be interesting to see how it works out with Firmino, as Werner plays centrally. Will Firmino drop deeper? Will we pay £90M for Werner (estimate) only to see him do a fair bit on the bench? I’d find that hard to believe.

It will be an interesting summer. Jorginho and Keita sorts that midfield, that’s for sure.

What about the front three?

I would add a top class goal scoring wide man, the nearest we can find to Salah/Mane, someone with some pace like those two. That gives us most options to rotate a bit as players need a rest.

I think Zaha at palace could be perfect for us.

I think Zaha at palace could be perfect for us.

I think so too. He's got match-winning ability, versatility, having played well centrally and on both wings and I think in our system we'd see his end product soar. 

We'd need for Palace to get relegated though because the price would be insane. He is everything to them. 

With Napoli, we might actually have a bargaining chip in any negotiations. There have been reports that they're looking to sign Mignolet as Reina's replacement,

Have they lost leave of their senses.............

I agree Zaha is a smashing player. Pace, strength, tricks. My slight doubt is over whether or not he scores enough goals. We could fairly expect his output to increase in our set up though. Mind you, Palace would want a fortune for him, so depending on how much they would want, the fee might bring other great players into range.

If we had Jorginho sitting slightly deep but with freedom to move further forward at times dictating play and then Keita and Doucoure or Ndidi pressing high, other midfields wouldn’t know what’s hit them! They literally would suffocate every midfield they played against. Keita is a machine with and without the ball and Jorginho is a master at playing early balls forward or slowing the game right down.

Imagine Firmino pressing high centrally and backed up by Keita and Ndidi with Mane and Salah stopping it going to the full backs they’d end up playing it long for Van Dijk to outmuscle their striker and bring it down to Jorginho to start the attack all over again.

It’s credit to Klopp and whoever’s scouting these players because for the first time in a long time were only targeting players who we need and fit the system rather than someone who’s had a good season but doesn’t play anything like the way we do. We seem to only really be after players who either play at a high intensity or players that play at clubs who play similar. A world class player could become available but doesn’t fit the way we play and we wouldn’t be interested, that’s the way it should be. We are more than the sum of our parts, which means in theory we shouldn’t miss players if they leave because we buy similar players to replace them. Not replacing Suárez with Balotelli.

that sounds like a blueshite post from preseason when they had high optimism.

I think Zaha is a cracking player. If he could be had for £40m-£50m (post relegation) and doesn't expect to play every single minute of every single game then it's a no brainer for me. I think he'd push Mane hard for that spot and at best he surpasses him and we have a better player in that position and at worse Mane and Salah can be rotated without too much stress.

As for his output then I'd point you to his team mate Mr Benteke who is as much a proven flat track bully at that level and one of the best forwards a team outside the top 6 can have yet even he is useless in that team. Just look at Palaces record with and without Zaha this season it's crazy.