You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO: Hysterical fannies

Bjornebye

Eva Green stayed at mine last night. She's just asked me to send this message to anyone who thinks everything's "sound":

TsPQ4Tt.jpg

Its when you get defeats like this that all the bad bell whiffs come out. Saw last night someone saying they were finished because of this 2nd defeat in two. Not like we have never has a couple of defeats on the bounce and more before. And of course we would not have lost if Coutinho had played.

While we no doubt have a fair portion of 'reactionists' in our support, as have most other clubs, quite a lot have genuine concerns regarding the actual management of the club, if not the team.  The below is a year or so old but highlights many of the concerns. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2669156-six-years-of-fsg-the-highs-and-lows-of-fenways-liverpool-ownership

Since this was published the club released, via the usual suspects, 'rumours' of a 'warchest' type fund of circa £100m-£150m being made available last Summer, which mysteriously, if not unexpectedly, failed to materialise.  As ever these rumours surfaced on the eve of Season Ticket renewal time.  As it turned out it was the usual relatively modest net spend figure last Summer.

And obviously Coutinho has gone this month for a hefty fee, and then we have statements made again via the usual suspects which would indicate not only was there no plan to replace Coutinho, there appears to be no intention to do this, during this window at any rate.

The 'hysterical fannies' have been systematically right for several transfer windows. We are also talking about a club that has won fuck all of note for years, and looking unlikely to win anything again this season. At which point do we start exploring the possibility that the hysterical fannies might actually be the sane ones and that it's those that are labelling them as such that might have a hint of delusion about them?

• Upvote 1

While we no doubt have a fair portion of 'reactionists' in our support, as have most other clubs, quite a lot have genuine concerns regarding the actual management of the club, if not the team.  The below is a year or so old but highlights many of the concerns. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2669156-six-years-of-fsg-the-highs-and-lows-of-fenways-liverpool-ownership

Since this was published the club released, via the usual suspects, 'rumours' of a 'warchest' type fund of circa £100m-£150m being made available last Summer, which mysteriously, if not unexpectedly, failed to materialise.  As ever these rumours surfaced on the eve of Season Ticket renewal time.  As it turned out it was the usual relatively modest net spend figure last Summer.

And obviously Coutinho has gone this month for a hefty fee, and then we have statements made again via the usual suspects which would indicate not only was there no plan to replace Coutinho, there appears to be no intention to do this, during this window at any rate.

You can reproduce what you like. The fact is this club is operating in a different environment to what it was 5 years ago never mind 10. And Im not talking about ownership Im talking greater spending power of at least 3 other clubs. Chelsea United and City. Even between them the mix has has changed as first Chelsea outspent everyone then City and now it seems United going toe to toe with them. Arsenal could have outspent us at any time in the last 10 years even with their stadium costs. Only Wengers opinion stopped them. Spurs have at the very least matched us on targets although I suspect they will find themselves under intense pressure as Spains big two now start to take a keen interest in Kane, Dele Alli and manager Pochettino. When we were winning the odd League Cup and FA Cup fans were saying they wanted the league and the cups were a poor substitue. Now fans are saying any cup much like just buy any player. I seen post on here where some talk about expectations being lowered. It seems some peoples expectations have been so lowered that challenging for the league title is now something from a bygone era and instead we should concentrate on winning a cup, any cup. Jesus the spin some people put out there to suit is pretty amazing.

I don't like the direction the club is taking.

I don't like the fact that our best midfielder has left and not been replaced nor our squad strengthened nor are we apparently trying to do so.  If we have the 'right player' in mind but can't get him now and are prepared to wait then great but why not say that?

I don't like the fact that other clubs seem to be upping their game and at least trying to compete.

I'm not happy settling for 2nd best but having a negative net spend.

On the other hand,

I do like Klopp and hope he stays for a long time.

I like how we've bought Keita for next season and I'm not concerned that he won't be here until then.  It's OK that we 're going to lose our best players but we should have replacements lined up / already in place.

I have no real problem with any of the players, it's not Mignolet's (or Moreno's or 'insert name here's) fault he is as poor as he is and keeps getting picked.

If that makes me a hysterical fanny then so be it.  My life's pretty shit at the moment and I don't want Liverpool to be shit as well especially when with a few adjustments we could be great. 

• Upvote 3

Let’s be honest all these threads just go round and round the same old ground, whether it’s the transfer one, the Fsg one or match threads.

Let’s hope the team plays with some pride on Tuesday night and we get a good result.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it's exactly that.

You’re more deluded than I thought, and that’s really saying something. You have only been supporting the club a few years so you won’t be aware of how Liverpool fans used to behave, but passion isn’t an issue. Being a sky generation, johnny come lately fucking cunt is.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the direction the club is taking.

I don't like the fact that our best midfielder has left and not been replaced nor our squad strengthened nor are we apparently trying to do so. If we have the 'right player' in mind but can't get him now and are prepared to wait then great but why not say that?

I don't like the fact that other clubs seem to be upping their game and at least trying to compete.

I'm not happy settling for 2nd best but having a negative net spend.

On the other hand,

I do like Klopp and hope he stays for a long time.

I like how we've bought Keita for next season and I'm not concerned that he won't be here until then. It's OK that we 're going to lose our best players but we should have replacements lined up / already in place.

I have no real problem with any of the players, it's not Mignolet's (or Moreno's or 'insert name here's) fault he is as poor as he is and keeps getting picked.

If that makes me a hysterical fanny then so be it. My life's pretty shit at the moment and I don't want Liverpool to be shit as well especially when with a few adjustments we could be great.

That is t the hysteria people are talking about. No, it doesn’t. Most, like you, are able to offer balance to their concerns. Some aren’t. This thread isn’t aimed at everyone, obviously.

You’re more deluded than I thought, and that’s really saying something. You have only been supporting the club a few years so you won’t be aware of how Liverpool fans used to behave, but passion isn’t an issue. Being a sky generation, johnny come lately fucking cunt is.

Used to behave? Some of us are still flying that flag