You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we finish in the top four?

Pureblood

Top four finish  

104 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Fuck off, TK - I'm not answering that. I'm a fence-sitting fanny.

The number of people pointing to the 19 game unbeaten run in here (which included 8 draws by the way) and then telling people to disregard selling our best player - and one who was responsible for numerous goals and assists - are genuinely fucking morons.

There’s no need to continue the debate with a set of retards. It’s just genuinely fucking retarded for some of the people on here to keep pointing to that as a retort to those dispirited about losing Coutinho. He was one of the key reasons for the unbeaten run you absolute fuckwits, what is your fucking point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude --settle down - retarded is not cool

What I don't like is those who hate FSG and seem to have a perverse "told you so" response to a single, pretty unlucky defeat after an 18-game winning streak. The whole "we have no chance at top four, look at Spurs and Arsenal strengthening while we've just sold our best player without replacing him" thing that is so ... well, it's just way, way over the top.

People are playing the odds.

Of course we have a chance at top four if Firmino, Mane and Salah remain injury, strain, suspension and fatigue free for the rest of the season. Not to mention any drastic dips in form that the poor lads will have to stave off.

It would be a fucking miracle if that happened.

People are playing the odds.

Of course we have a chance at top four if Firmino, Mane and Salah remain injury, strain, suspension and fatigue free for the rest of the season. Not to mention any drastic dips in form that the poor lads will have to stave off.

It would be a fucking miracle if that happened.

No. No, it would absolutely not be a miracle.

Leicester City winning the league was a miracle. Coming back from 3-0 down against the best team in Europe in the most important Cup final of our lifetimes was a miracle.

Liverpool's odds of top 4 going into the transfer window were about 75%. Then we sold Coutinho, so we're worse, but we bought van Dijk, so we're better. Overall we're probably a bit worse, so it's probably about 70% right now.

Let's say you want to be a super-pessimistic bastard, just because you enjoy it. Fine. It's still a 50-50 shot, right now at worst.

Now, I'm not claiming we're certs for top four, or that it's not a huge risk not to replace Coutinho. It absolutely is.

But to say "it would be a fucking miracle if it happened" is equally ludicrous on the other side.

• Upvote 2

No. No, it would absolutely not be a miracle.

Leicester City winning the league was a miracle. Coming back from 3-0 down against the best team in Europe in the most important Cup final of our lifetimes was a miracle.

Liverpool's odds of top 4 going into the transfer window were about 75%. Then we sold Coutinho, so we're worse, but we bought van Dijk, so we're better. Overall we're probably a bit worse, so it's probably about 70% right now.

Let's say you want to be a super-pessimistic bastard, just because you enjoy it. Fine. It's still a 50-50 shot, right now at worst.

Now, I'm not claiming we're certs for top four, or that it's not a huge risk not to replace Coutinho. It absolutely is.

But to say "it would be a fucking miracle if it happened" is equally ludicrous on the other side.

I was saying it would be a miracle if our front three spent the rest of the season avoiding injury and suspension.

As in, I pray to god we get that level of good fortune, because the only other time we did, we nearly won the title under Rodgers. And even then we lost Henderson for the final few games because of a red card which damaged our chances.

This is of course to say nothing of the shite billypilgrimz is spouting, using 1990 and 2006 as a stick to beat Klopp and the owners for things they had absolutely nothing to do with.

Why would I be beating Klopp? I like Klopp. He is by far the best thing the club has going for it at the moment. Lose him, and we are in major strife. 

The point I was making is that the loss at Swansea and the reaction to it was not about that one game - it is a reflection of the fact that we have done the same things season in and season out for a long, long time - be on the cusp of being a great tam again, before throwing it away with silly decisions or inaction.

And what do you know, it looks like it's happening again. The dates I used were reflective of how long this has been happening to the club as a whole. 

Why would I be beating Klopp? I like Klopp. He is by far the best thing the club has going for it at the moment. Lose him, and we are in major strife. 

The point I was making is that the loss at Swansea and the reaction to it was not about that one game - it is a reflection of the fact that we have done the same things season in and season out for a long, long time - be on the cusp of being a great tam again, before throwing it away with silly decisions or inaction.

And what do you know, it looks like it's happening again. The dates I used were reflective of how long this has been happening to the club as a whole. 

Amen.

I don’t know. Spurs aren’t the most consistent of sides and it’s difficult to see Arsenal staying on track for long enough to overhaul two teams.

Barring a Champions League win that would make 2005’s look as though it was on the cards all along, top four is essential and, not unreasonably, will probably be the difference between another season for Klopp and a new start under a new manager. Managers are impact subs these days; it’s very rare that one is able to arrest a decline started on their own watch.

• Downvote 1

I don’t know. Spurs aren’t the most consistent of sides and it’s difficult to see Arsenal staying on track for long enough to overhaul two teams.

Barring a Champions League win that would make 2005’s look as though it was on the cards all along, top four is essential and, not unreasonably, will probably be the difference between another season for Klopp and a new start under a new manager. Managers are impact subs these days; it’s very rare that one is able to arrest a decline started on their own watch.

No chance FSG would show Klopp the door, he's basically their perfect manager, big name, frugal in the transfer market, doesn't rock the boat in public and is capable of bridging the gap to the top four each season even if he fails occasionally.

Whether Klopp might decide he's had enough and comes to the conclusion we can't ever realistically compete is another matter?

Still looks to me like he's giving off the vibe that this is a safe, long term gig.

Barring a Champions League win that would make 2005’s look as though it was on the cards all along, top four is essential and, not unreasonably, will probably be the difference between another season for Klopp and a new start under a new manager. 

Not a chance in hell they will sack Klopp for not making Top 4. No way. Him walking is a more likely option....