Sign in to follow this  
Anubis

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Fuck it. I've just seen Klopp's prezzer. He all but shut down hope for any more transfer's in the January window, so let's get the summer transfer party started!

636310770559043604-1721012410_Summertime

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Kill me. Kill me now.

I'm expecting most decent players to be priced highly with the world cup. The players identified by Klopp will all be priced highly and we will be told he won t go that high, the decision being his.

He won't budge on his primary targets so we will not spend big, instead going down the route of signing mid level players like Chamberlain in an attempt to improve squad depth given the loss of players like can, coutinho and Flanagan.

There will be weeks of Salah, Mane and Firmino to other clubs, Salah on the back of a fantastic world cup. We will have half the fan base saying it's not happening and telling the hysterical fannies to stop moaning as we wont sell. They will be right. We will hold on to them, buying their replacement in Jan and selling the following summer.

All standard stuff.

10th August - we were in discussions with a number of high profile players, but the World Cup got in the way, and we genuinely forgot that the window this year closes on the 09th August.

On the plus side Daniel Sturridge is back from his loan at Inter where he scored 20 in 10 and Adam Lallana is definitely fit - so in effect it is like having two new players.

I just hope Keita's arrival is watertight and not subject to CL qualification.

And I am looking forward to Klopp choosing to sell Salah because it's for the best, his heart was in Madrid, and it's his choice 100% and in no way linked to funding new arrivals.

In other words the same old same old.

James Pearce: Liverpool are expecting a big summer and could have upward of £300m to spend (on nautical goods) before player sales #Liverpoolecho

Ah the mythical warchest...

James Pearce: Liverpool are expecting a big summer and could have upward of £300m to spend (on nautical goods) before player sales #Liverpoolecho

200 on deadline day last summer and now its 300 ? a healthy 1.000 warchest in 2025 

how about using some of that 300 this window so we have a better chance of winning something. 

200 on deadline day last summer and now its 300 ? a healthy 1.000 warchest in 2025

how about using some of that 300 this window so we have a better chance of winning something.

Right now, such is the paucity of ambition, I'd settle for spending a bit now to improve our chances of top 4 just so we can aim for a higher standard of player in the summer. Winning can wait!

I don't think we really have £300 million to spend other than if we start a diving academy.

There are other ways....

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]
  • Upvote 2

I think the clue was the (in nautical goods) part that there was a slight undercurrent of irony.

I don't think we really have £300 million to spend other than if we start a diving academy.

My comment was actually to the whole of the topic, I can’t stomach any more transfer talk for a while now... it’s the same old same old

My comment was actually to the whole of the topic, I can’t stomach any more transfer talk for a while now... it’s the same old same old

I say let's get a diving academy going. It might be quite interesting to see what is down in the water that can swooped for rather than the usual rumours and nonsense.

Madam, I have my reputation as a thoroughgoing bastard to keep up.

• Upvote 2