You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Hipster Behaviour

Section_31

Is being "against modern football" but just checking flashscore at half time and full time ok?....

Ha ha.

I'm not against modern football, I just have no interest in watching games any more.

You get kids saying they're against modern football, yet they're not old enough to remember anything else and the Premier League was formed before they were born. It's daft.

Dr. Emmett Brown could take me back to the 80s and I'd probably still not bother with footy any more. I just fell out of love with it as as I got older and realised it wasn't the be all and end all. I appreciate others feel differently. My dad is 70, still goes the match and says he enjoys it as much as he did as a kid in the 50s and 60s.

• Upvote 1

You get kids saying they're against modern football, yet they're not old enough to remember anything else and the Premier League was formed before they were born. It's daft.

I don't see what is wrong with this, Tone.

You often say there is no excuse not to know about players in the past (plenty of footage online etc), so why can't a 20 year old realise that modern football is a load of shite?

• Upvote 1

Okay this is a bit controversial...

A Liverpool fan from overseas, who has no affiliation with the city, claiming that he HATES Everton.

We almost always win against them, and surely there aren’t enough Everton fans around you to make a loss unbearable.

I hate playing United or Chelsea much more for example. Also when Everton are playing any of our top four rivals, I always want them to win.

• Upvote 8

A Liverpool fan from overseas, who has no affiliation with the city, claiming that he HATES Everton.

We almost always win against them, and surely there aren’t enough Everton fans around you to make a loss unbearable.

Agree with that. It reeks of trying too hard.

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Banging on about "doing the 92". It's OK to have been to loads of grounds but I've seen a lot of people on Facebook bragging about having done it even though they don't support any particular team and travel to far flung areas of England and Wales spending shitloads of cash just to brag about it. 

Anyone saying "doing the 92" has clearly never ever done the "69" 

• Upvote 3

On 1/27/2018 at 6:55 PM, aRdja said:

I hate playing United or Chelsea much more for example. Also when Everton are playing any of our top four rivals, I always want them to win.

Yep. I do love reading the Everton-related threads on here though. Some of their behaviour sounds so bloody comical, it's hilarious! 

On 1/27/2018 at 7:55 AM, aRdja said:

I'm technically overseas but one of my mates who I've known for 30+ years supports Everton (and is a good bloke in general), so I've been around it all my life really and he's always been anti-Liverpool, with it being particularly prominent in our 20s and early 30s. Watching big Liverpool games with someone who's openly and actively supporting the opposition and the hack of it in the few times they win against us, it's quite easy to become hostile towards it, especially when you then add in the state of their fans online and the bile they spew almost constantly. I remember leaving the bar after the Europa League loss to Sevilla, and the first thing I heard when I went outside was a bunch of lads singing "Everton, Everton", whatever the fuck that had to do with it. In contrast, I don't have any close friends who support Chelsea - in fact, I'm not sure I've ever watched a football match with a Chelsea supporter.

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2018 at 8:16 AM, Doctor Troy said:

Man Utd fans from Devon, Ireland and Essex who say they hate scousers and call them bin dippers.

Have met a lot of Irish lads over the years who support the Mancs but stay in Liverpool because they like the atmosphere here when they are over for games and find Mancs cold.

• Upvote 1