You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weird things you're proud of

Babb'sBurstNad

I can remember my bank card number off by heart, all 16 digits.

Buy a gold membership to find out what they are.

Can you PM me the 16 digit code, the start and expiry dates on the card and the 3 digit security code on the back. I just want to check your not blagging.

It's not solely a persona accomplishment, but In a Sunday League match years ago, myself, my younger brother, and my father all got sent off over the course of the match. Each in unrelated incidents. My father wasn't even playing.

Good skills.

I was once trusted to manage our side when the manager was away. We were winning 1-0 with 2 mins to go. Brought myself on to waste time as the ball went out of play, it kicked off, I punched a bloke who’d thrown a punch at my brother. I was sent off within 10 seconds and hadn’t touched the ball.

• Upvote 2

I walked home from Southport to Crosby loads of times when I've been pissed because I got fed up of waiting for a taxi. Like a drunk David Banner. When you wake up you don't have a hangover and you feel like you've played footy the previous day.

Done that a few times myself many years ago , though walking through Ince Blundell was a bit scary after hearing about scary stuff.

It's not solely a persona accomplishment, but In a Sunday League match years ago, myself, my younger brother, and my father all got sent off over the course of the match. Each in unrelated incidents. My father wasn't even playing.

ha ha ha

once appealed a booking by sending in a detailed account of the disputed offside/dissent incident to the local F.A.

subsequently got it upgraded to a sending off so then banned.

• Upvote 1

Two of our nippy forwards once broke quickly from an opposition corner and ended up scoring within 10 seconds or so. The goal was disallowed for offside by the ref who was standing to the side of me somewhere outside the D of our penalty box. I offered ' I hope I can see that fucking far when I am your age ' and took the booking quite happily.

I got a double red card (I didn't even know that was possible) for calling the ref 'a fucking blind cunt' and when asked what I'd said repeated it word for word to his face. 

Reminds me of an anecdote from the professional game (can't remember which player claimed that it happened):

Player: Ref, will I be booked for calling you a cunt?

Ref: Yes.

Player: WIll I be booked for thinking you're a cunt?

Ref: I can't book you for thinking something.

Player: OK ref, I think you're a cunt.

• Upvote 2

I was stung by a wasp two summers ago. I’ve moaned about it pretty much every day since.

I was a wasp two summers ago. I stung some bloke while I was a wasp and I've sent a load of other wasps near him to see how he reacts. He moans.