You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Lyon star Nabil Fekir has dealt a huge blow to Liverpool by admitting he is not close to signing for the Anfield club.

The attacking midfielder is though to be on Jurgen Klopp’s wanted list this summer, but reports over the weekend that a £60million deal was done were claimed to be premature by L’Equipe.

The French publication have indicated that Klopp will only make an approach for the 24-year-old after the Champions League final.

However, Fekir has poured cold water on rumours that he is close to moving to Merseyside, but did hint at talks being held.

“I’m not close to a move to the Reds,” he told TF1’s Telefoot programme. “There are discussions with several clubs, but I will take time to think.”

His words were echoed Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas.

“For the moment, we’re not talking with Nabil,” he said.

“He’s been the architect of a great season. Nabil has not indicated that he wants to leave or if he wants to play one more year with Champions League football.”

I want Fekir and Keita lining up for us on the opening day of the season more than I want sex with Katy Perry.

I’m with you bitch. I’ve never seen Fekir play once but I want him to line up for us more than I want Katy Perry on your lap.

• Upvote 1

He is not coming now is he.

Doesn’t look like it to me, he’d have been announced right after the final whistle as a pick me up if he was, plus his statements last night sounded like a plea to someone else that he’s available. Wouldn’t at all surprise me to see him using us and anyone else to get a bigger contract at Lyon with a release clause in it so he can play a season of CL football with the club he loves.

He is not coming now is he.

Doesn’t look like it to me, he’d have been announced right after the final whistle as a pick me up if he was, plus his statements last night sounded like a plea to someone else that he’s available. Wouldn’t at all surprise me to see him using us and anyone else to get a bigger contract at Lyon with a release clause in it so he can play a season of CL football with the club he loves.

Don't you pair dare dampen my spirits. I want him and nobody else.

The last thing we need is a player that we route everything through. That said, the new acquisitions in midfield already offer more going forward so I’m optimistic that we won’t be in a position where it’s easy to stop us by marking one player., or keeping him on his weak foot.

We’re going to be a sextuple threat next year.