You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Lemar has been good. Went in the side right away which is very rare for an attacking player in a Simeone team. Even Griezmann had to wait till January for a starting role the year he was signed. Still think he would have been an ideal fit here.

As for Fekir, he's having another very good season. Pretty much carries Lyon along with Memphis. He'll be gone this summer for sure. Will be interesting to know why we refused the transfer if that story is ever told. 

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Lemar has been good. Went in the side right away which is very rare for an attacking player in a Simeone team. Even Griezmann had to wait till January for a starting role the year he was signed. Still think he would have been an ideal fit here.

As for Fekir, he's having another very good season. Pretty much carries Lyon along with Memphis. He'll be gone this summer for sure. Will be interesting to know why we refused the transfer if that story is ever told. 

Carrying Lyon? I thought N"dombele was standout player for them this season and Aouar from what I read. But I'll trust your opinion on this since I don't follow french footie

13 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Carrying Lyon? I thought N"dombele was standout player for them this season and Aouar from what I read. But I'll trust your opinion on this since I don't follow french footie

N'Dombele and Aouar are good young players but Fekir and Memphis are the ones who do everything in the final third. They aren't an especially well organised or well managed side so the individual exploits of Fekir and Memphis are what gets them results. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Who would you say we need more out of the 2 now that Shaq has turned out to be a real bargain?

Out of Fekir and Memphis? Fekir, but it's complicated.

Memphis' end product has been unbelievable in France and he can play striker or on the left so he's versatile and would fit into our fluid front three. The problem is that he has a bad attitude. It wouldn't fly at a big club. I think he's a big fish small pond kind of player.

Fekir gives you goals and assists but also more control in games because he drops deep, links the play and gets fouled a lot. He's brilliant technically. He's just a better all around player. We could've done so much with him, #10 in 4-2-3-1, Firmino's position, on the right maybe. The problem is the knee injuries. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 10:38 PM, 3 Stacks said:

N'Dombele and Aouar are good young players but Fekir and Memphis are the ones who do everything in the final third. They aren't an especially well organised or well managed side so the individual exploits of Fekir and Memphis are what gets them results. 

What do you think about Aouar, Stacks?

I've been looking at his numbers and they're pretty good. xG+xA/90 at about 0.42, which is quite good. 6 goals in 1400 minutes is pretty good for someone who plays in his position at his age in a big 5 league. Haven't seen Lyon play this season in the league but assuming you have, does he look like he's going to have the potential to play at the very top? Just wondering because it seems to me that we pretty much have most of the pieces of the puzzle in place at the minute and moving forward we could afford to take a few younger players with potential to break out and I'm thinking he looks likely.

On 12/23/2018 at 4:32 PM, Bad Red Bull said:

Fekir has scored goals when it matters, he’s their star player no doubt about that. Ndombele and Aouar are good though, but not in Fekir’ world yet!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

What do you think about Aouar, Stacks?

I've been looking at his numbers and they're pretty good. xG+xA/90 at about 0.42, which is quite good. 6 goals in 1400 minutes is pretty good for someone who plays in his position at his age in a big 5 league. Haven't seen Lyon play this season in the league but assuming you have, does he look like he's going to have the potential to play at the very top? Just wondering because it seems to me that we pretty much have most of the pieces of the puzzle in place at the minute and moving forward we could afford to take a few younger players with potential to break out and I'm thinking he looks likely.

Yeah, seen Lyon quite a bit.

I think he may make more sense for a possession based side than for a team like us. He's technically good and he's shown really good composure and poise on the ball against top sides like City and PSG. The links to City aren't surprising. 

But at the moment, I struggle to believe he would play in midfield for us given the level of physicality we have there. I think unless he matures physically he'd probably play on the left for us like Keita does. Usually Lyon will play him there in the big matches. 

Basically, there's nothing not to like about him besides the fact he's a little frail but he's also young  and he tries hard so I wouldn't hold that against him. Wouldn't say he's an obvious fit in a Klopp side though. Whether he gets to the top just depends on whether he can develop the fitness/engine to play CM for a top side, but the technique is already there.