You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

People saying that we'll go back in for him are deluding themselves.

If you think we had a deal completely agreed, including the wages, all the way down to the shirt number, and then we got a second opinion on the medical issue and then we're going to come back to it later you have to be joking. The deal was done! If we thought there was a chance it was an issue we could overlook and take a chance on, he'd already be leaning on things at Melwood.

The fact is we have to find another option. It's unfortunate because there really isn't anyone else out there with a record of scoring 20 goals from midfield, but that's what we have. Obviously it's going to be quite a comedown if we were even considering Lanzini as a possible Plan B. Ugh.

I choose to believe he failed the medical, simple as that.

Have to admit I’ve missed this promo work and picking shirt number thing. If that really happened, I agree it seems amateurish to do that up front of the medical. But may be down to a very tight schedule to get things sorted before the WC.

Anyway it would have been far worse to spend a massive fee on a player with a dodgy knee.

I was concerned at the fist waving towards the owners at not concluding the deal. I was worried about how the nation of France would react, perhaps even becoming slightly anti Liverpool. But now I've read Joeys post, I know that all is forgiven and that the French understand our position.

Merci Joey, Merci La France.

Situation of Fekir: Klopp does not let go of the case, and absolutely wants Fekir (as with Naby Keita). The player wants to join the coach with whom he spoke at least twice. The worries during the medical make Liverpool want to negotiate the price.

Situation of Fekir: Klopp does not let go of the case, and absolutely wants Fekir (as with Naby Keita). The player wants to join the coach with whom he spoke at least twice. The worries during the medical make Liverpool want to negotiate the price.

Clive Tyldesley voice: 'Hello! Hello! Hello!'

That's from a guy called Alpha Balde. He's a contributor to RMC in France. He might have had info on Keita as he's Guinean but I doubt he knows anything about this deal. 

We've really worked ourselves into a no-win situation here with this transfer, haven't we?

If we buy him, his knee will go out by November and everyone will say "See? How stupid were Liverpool to buy him when they knew it was an issue?!" And if he goes somewhere else he'll be amazing and have no major health issues for 4 years and everyone will say "How ridiculous that Liverpool didn't just close the deal when they had a chance!"

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'd bet that somewhere our medical staff has a chart showing how likely an ACL injury is for every player in our squad at any given moment.

And hypothetically speaking if the odds are, say, 5% that an average player has one sometime during a given season, and his odds are 10%, it means it's a huge concern. He'd still odds-on to be fine over the course of a 5-year contract, but the extra 5%/season is a massive concern when you're talking about a player who costs 50 million.

My paid up members only twitter feed had all the info on mate. You didn't see me or El Rojo getting carried away with all this. If you want in you need the 4Gs.

Go Gold Get Goss.

Jeremy Goss of Norwich "fame"?

I've said too much

My paid up members only twitter feed had all the info on mate.  You didn't see me or El Rojo getting carried away with all this.  If you want in you need the 4Gs.  

Go Gold Get Goss. 

Uh, uh - give me a beat Paulie.

That's it, turn it up.

PD and ER with the GGGG info,

They got AMs with dodgy ACLs weeks before the rest know

I do find it interesting how we have pulled the plug on a transfer because the player was once injured a long time ago, while United have just splashed £19m on a teenage defender who is literally on crutches at the moment.

I do find it interesting how we have pulled the plug on a transfer because the player was once injured a long time ago, while United have just splashed £19m on a teenage defender who is literally on crutches at the moment.

I remember once upon a time in a horrible moment in our past we paid a world record fee for Andy Carroll who was injured and apart from the fact he was a donkey his injury record during his time with us and since with west ham has been a joke.

So I can certainly see why if we are about to pay €50-€60million on a player we’d want to be confident he’s not going to break down.

Aquilaini was another one I think I’m right in saying we signed when he was injured.

Guest Alex_K

I can 100% believe that it fell down at FSG trying to negotiate down following the medical results. As noted, the injury history was public knowledge prior to all this. That would fit well with FSG modus operandi. Seems odd we would just back out entirely unless catastrophic injury potential. Hopefully the money is still there to be spent.

I remember once upon a time in a horrible moment in our past we paid a world record fee for Andy Carroll who was injured and apart from the fact he was a donkey his injury record during his time with us and since with west ham has been a joke.

So I can certainly see why if we are about to pay €50-€60million on a player we’d want to be confident he’s not going to break down.

Aquilaini was another one I think I’m right in saying we signed when he was injured.

Don't talk sense.

Can you get insurance on a player in case he gets a career ending/altering injury?

Seems like he has been fine for two years and is not that injury prone per se but there is chance it could all go tits up if he does the cruciate again. That seems a specific set of insurable circumstances.

Guest Alex_K

You can insure anything - doesn’t mean you’ll get favourable rates. If there’s anything we know about this ownership group is they love a bit of brinkmanship. Got faith whoever we bring in will ‘fit’ under Klopp though - so hopefully all’s well ends well