You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

If the medical was conducted as professionally as the news stories are suggesting then this transfer collapse in completely unforeseen. As I understand it,the medical is conducted by independent medical staff and their findings are passed on to the clubs. If they spot something not right then they are bound by professional ethics and conduct to let the parties know of it. I believe it was conducted,or some of it,at Clairfontaine so a professional sporting and medical facility was used. I'd have to back the club fully on their conduct here.

Yes unfortunate the way it worked out, have we dodged a bullet here possibly , with the amount of funds at stake and if reports are correct about a suspect knee, move on. 

Hopefully the surgery on Oxlade-Chamberlain will be good quality and he will add to that new midfield.

Apparently Oxlade-Chamberlain had the autograph surgery not the aloeveragraft surgery, so big John was happy. And I believe Whiston hospital are trialing experimental antiairgraft surgeries so any future knee injuries will only leave a player sidelined for 2 days.

It's not the ACL knee though, it's the other one.

My guess is we pulled out, Lyon tried to renegotiate, we sensed blood and lowballed them, they rejected it and both agreed to fuck it off. (for now)

If he's got a dodgy knee though, how is a few million less gonna weigh up for it when it pops the first week of the season? Either he's 100% and we go ahead or he's not and we fuck it off.

Milestone based payment plan I would’ve thought e.g., £20m after 50 games then another £20m after 80 games, etc.

If indeed this fell through because of a failed medical I don't see any way this deal being resurrected?

Spending a lot of money on a player with a worrying injury history/doomed knee just doesnt make sense.

what like AOC? Much worse injury record than this fella and we splashed out 40 million for him.

It's not the ACL knee though, it's the other one.

My guess is we pulled out, Lyon tried to renegotiate, we sensed blood and lowballed them, they rejected it and both agreed to fuck it off. (for now)

If he's got a dodgy knee though, how is a few million less gonna weigh up for it when it pops the first week of the season? Either he's 100% and we go ahead or he's not and we fuck it off.

Nokneeball

• Upvote 1

Well I have not got a clue what happened with this transfer. Should we pan the club for pulling out if they did over a dodgey knee if he had one or should we have just chucked money at the lad to just get the deal done. I sense a catch 22 here.

If he failed the medical it would be ridiculous to go ahead with the deal at any price.

£40m on Aouar just for shits and gigs?

This is actually a pretty good shout.

Just say to them "yeah, Fekir is too risky. Why don't we do a deal for your Fekir replacement instead and you just keep the original one?" I wouldn't think he would cost much more than the price we negotiated for Fekir and he's going to be a sensational player.

The biggest problem is that he's further away from being fully developed because of his age, so we sacrifice something in the short term, especially goals (he scored 7 last season).