You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

50 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

I don’t see where he will get a game to be honest. 

We have Fabinho, Henderson, gini, Milner, Ox, Lallana. 

We we only usually play 3 of them. 

I know Milner won’t go on forever, but I think he is so important to this squad at the mo. 

Judging by Lallana’s comments recently, I think it may be difficult to move him on. 

You forgot Keita. Milner is ageing as you say, AOC is injury prone as is Lallana.

Fekir can play in the middle and up top.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

You forgot Keita. Milner is ageing as you say, AOC is injury prone as is Lallana.

Fekir can play in the middle and up top.

Fucking hell. Yes, forgot Naby. 

I think if we were moving Lallana on, then it’s maybe doable, but I think we may be adding an injury prone player though 

1 hour ago, Agt Provocateur said:

I would be surprised if there is any truth to this due to the medical issue last summer but if the price is right, maybe there is a change of heart. 

First his knee, now he needs a transplant. Steer clear.  

• Upvote 7

That Aulas cunt couldn’t shut up last summer.  He obviously thought Edwards and Klopp were as thick as United and he could name whatever price he wanted.  Hopefully it teaches these foreign clubs a lesson.  We are no mugs and will walk away no matter how deep in the game the transfers are.  They will be flapping it come August as they will not be able to afford him walking away for free in a years time.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

That Aulas cunt couldn’t shut up last summer.  He obviously thought Edwards and Klopp were as thick as United and he could name whatever price he wanted.  Hopefully it teaches these foreign clubs a lesson.  We are no mugs and will walk away no matter how deep in the game the transfers are.  They will be flapping it come August as they will not be able to afford him walking away for free in a years time.

I don’t recall us getting fleeced by these foreign clubs all that often in all honesty, if anything it’s the English clubs who have ‘taken advantage’ us in the recent past.

29 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t recall us getting fleeced by these foreign clubs all that often in all honesty, if anything it’s the English clubs who have ‘taken advantage’ us in the recent past.

Yeah I didn’t mean we had been.  I mean the way the games gone in recent years all these clubs seem to think when the English clubs come calling they can take the piss.  I think with the way we pulled out of this one it should mean it won’t happen to us going forward.

6 hours ago, Agt Provocateur said:

Due to his versatility, Fekir could be exactly what we need. 

Not only can he play in that attacking midfielder role we lack in some games, he can play wide left or wide right. This will give us real depth further forward with Fekir/Brewster/Origi to come into the team although there is still a massive drop off from the front three.

I would be surprised if there is any truth to this due to the medical issue last summer but if the price is right, maybe there is a change of heart. 

We paid £35 million for the Ox and look at his injury record. Paying £30 mil for Fekir would be a bargain,if rumours were true of course.

• 5 weeks later...

What a weird career he's turning out to have. So close to signing for us and only a year later he goes to Betis. 

Along with the injury concerns, I think part of it is his positioning. Not many teams have uses for a classic #10 anymore. He needs to become more of a forward and he may do that at Betis who did the same with Lo Celso. 

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think part of it is his positioning. Not many teams have uses for a classic #10 anymore. 

That might be part of it but his dodgy knee with the cheap rebuild has put a lot of top clubs off. Shame as he's a quality player.

2 hours ago, clangers said:

That might be part of it but his dodgy knee with the cheap rebuild has put a lot of top clubs off. Shame as he's a quality player.

Based on the little I’ve seen I agree, brilliant player. But still I’d say it looks like the club got this one right at the final minute by pulling out of the deal.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...