You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

I think the fact that the club was under the gun to get everything around the transfer wrapped up, as the player had only one day to leave the French camp to get it sorted, was a huge factor. 

They had no time to get his medical done and the deal signed, then to do the media side so they did both at the same time. It backfired but the club didn't leak the footage so probably thought it all didn't matter. 

Only thing to blame here is Fekirs poor knee and that's hardly his fault really.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

We can’t even be incompetent properly. 

Being incompetent at being incompetent is a skill we've mastered through years of practice.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We obviously need somebody of his type if Shaqiri is not going to feature that regularly.

We need him as well as Shaqiri, imo. Our main problem this season has been our shocking and disjointed forward play. Need some more top class forwards. We can’t survive with even just a motivated Sturridge on the bench (let alone the half arsed one who played midweek)

fekir

depay

icardi

fuck knows just someone in that mould

I think the midfield is ok once we get everyone back fit and if Keïta starts to perform. Wijnaldum + Fabinho/Henderson/a fit Milner + Keïta/a fit Ox/Shaq man is absolutely fine as far as I’m concerned. I really think we need more strength and production up top. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moof said:

I think the midfield is ok once we get everyone back fit and if Keïta starts to perform. Wijnaldum + Fabinho/Henderson/a fit Milner + Keïta/a fit Ox/Shaq man is absolutely fine as far as I’m concerned. I really think we need more strength and production up top. 

I think there is an understandable level of frustration with the midfield as we've not really seen the performances that £100m worth of new talent demands, especially so in Baby Keith's case as we've had to wait 12 months for him and were so excited to do so.

I too am of the opinion they will come good and that the long term plan is a 4231 with Keita and Fab at the base with AN other, the obvious candidate being Shaqiri or Ox(when fit of course) or Gini and Fab with Keita if we go a bit more 433. I seriously doubt Klopp brought them both in to still end up with a midfield of Hendo, Gini and Milner starting most games and it's been a mixture of niggly injuries(NK) and settling in(Fab) and a focus on being solid due to the former that's produced the relatively poor performances that are highlighted because the forwards aren't doing as much. Obviously not getting Fekir has also probably kyboshed original plans somewhat as well, and i hope that we may either go back in for him or pursue an alternative.

Agree we need more strength and production up top, but I think if we can get the midfield functioning a bit more then we can just about get along with what we have, another option would be more than welcome though.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I phoned ClubCall before. They reckon we’re after Gordon Cowans. Exciting, eh?  I’m just off for a celebratory shit.

I've actually just read that Shaqiri could be loaned to a Turkish football club. Clubcall could be telling the truth. 

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=196305

While having displayed disappointment with his own situation at Liverpool, Swiss international midfielder/winger Xherdan Shaqiri (27), who joined Reds just last summer, has been targeted by Galatasaray. Former Bayern Munich and Stoke City player might be loaned out in January indeed

6 hours ago, Lycan said:

Being incompetent at being incompetent would surely make us competent would it not?

If only football transfer policy were that simple when you're smoking what is smoked in Boston.

• 4 weeks later...