You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

This talk of Jones getting in is fanciful. We are going for the league and have already got about 7/8 players ahead of him. It won’t be the time to throw a 17 year old in the mix regardless of his potential. At most he will play worthless champions league games and league cup early rounds.

This talk of Jones getting in is fanciful. We are going for the league and have already got about 7/8 players ahead of him. It won’t be the time to throw a 17 year old in the mix regardless of his potential. At most he will play worthless champions league games and league cup early rounds.

I bet he'll play no more than three first team games this season (including from the bench)...

Yep, it seems a trait of our pre-seasons recently to over hype a youngster, only for him to get zero game time. Ejaria springs to mind.

I honestly think he looked great. He was more relaxed and looked more talented than Ejaria. I just think as a team and a squad we are a lot further ahead now. There’s too much risk playing him and we don’t have to with the depth we’ve got. We need to be absolutely at it every game to win the league.

It depends on him

I think Klopp has shown if he performed well in cup and games from the bench he might be able to do enough to firce his way into the match day squad. Im not suggesting he will be a 1st team regular. If he could do that it would give them something to think about in replacing Coutinho long term

One of the problems will be that the Prem & CL are obviously very difficult to win & as most of us are hoping for a trophy, the spotlight will fall on the FA & League cups. I would therefore be very surprised if we put experimental sides with untried youngsters out for either.

I bet he'll play no more than three first team games this season (including from the bench)...

I think he will play a bit more - and for sure he is far better than Ejaria while being a few years younger. I think he will see near 10 games. That would be quite a season for a fella his age and his growth would be exponential compared to pissing off to some shite Championship club.

I would have him in before Grujic tbh.

One of the problems will be that the Prem & CL are obviously very difficult to win & as most of us are hoping for a trophy, the spotlight will fall on the FA & League cups. I would therefore be very surprised if we put experimental sides with untried youngsters out for either.

When we get to the quarters or semis that may be -- in the first rounds of these there will be plenty of game time.

It’s a risk management approach with Fekir. There’s nothing you can argue with that provided the money involved.

Fekir may be playing for years without any injury or break his knee within two month . Nobody can tell , it’s part of the game and we chose one stance.

Fekir may be playing for years without any injury or break his knee within two month . Nobody can tell , it’s part of the game and we chose one stance

Yep, and that is true for every player - if anything a player who has a knee injury probably has a better chance of longevity than a fella who has continual muscle issues.

When we get to the quarters or semis that may be -- in the first rounds of these there will be plenty of game time.

Our league cup challenge ended at the first hurdle last year because we can't put out a decent side when we make loads of changes...

Same with out FA cup struggles in recent years...replay with Plymouth (after being home) before losing to Wolves again at home.

• 2 months later...
Just now, El Rojo said:

They probably did the right thing if the medical raised issues, but absolute clown shoes stuff from the club filming that before the deal was finalised. They've done a lot right recently but that was infuriating.

Disagree. It's pretty much done by every club, everywhere, on every transfer. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Disagree. It's pretty much done by every club, everywhere, on every transfer. 

Not sure that makes it right either.

And in this case, there was plenty of comment on his injuries and recovery before ever a deal was finalised. It was a needlessly stupid approach. 

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not sure that makes it right either.

And in this case, there was plenty of comment on his injuries and recovery before ever a deal was finalised. It was a needlessly stupid approach. 

Right or wrong, it’s how things are conducted in the sport. If every approach is needlessly stupid, then fine, but criticism over this one without taking into account everything else is misplaced in my opinion. 

I can’t actually think of another example in world sport where a player has been filmed on video doing PR for his new team that has been leaked into the public sphere, only for the transfer to never go through. Staggeringly bad, as mentioned, for all the good done lately. Suggestions?