You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Souness knows a midfielder when he sees one. All the more bonkers knowing he bought Paul Stewart.

He was signed from Spurs who at the time had a decent midfield. I think there was Samways, Stewart, possibly Gazza at the time. Makes you wonder if Stewart thrived in that team as he really wasn't very good at Liverpool.

Hopefully we go back in for Fekir. The gen given to the press that we are done in the market is similar to the ‘Ward is no.1’ and ‘We’re not signing a keeper’ bullshit. Disclosed for a reason . Reckon it wiill still happen IMO.

France won the World Cup by defending well for 90 minutes and by scoring on the 2-3 chances they created every match. That's not how Liverpool play. 

We could still use his technical ability. If not his, then at least an attacking midfielder with similar talent. 

France won the World Cup by defending well for 90 minutes and by scoring on the 2-3 chances they created every match. That's not how Liverpool play. 

We could still use his technical ability. If not his, then at least an attacking midfielder with similar talent. 

We'd still twat the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Didn't know much about him but in the few minutes he got at the world cup and in the friendlies before he did look good. Great technique and strong on the ball.

It's a shame we won't get him but after Oxlaides year off with a knee injury you can totally get why we walked away.

Still feel like we need another passer in the midfield, Kieta looks world class, Fabinho looks more of a ball recycle type player than a creative forward passer to me so far in the preseason friendlies.

After what Madrid's midfield did to us in the final you can see why Klopp was in for Fekir, with him Kieta and Fabino we would have a midfield capable of dominating tempo and having composure on the ball.

Non of our English lads have this. Milner looks woeful as a dictator. Henderson doesn't have the composure, Ox is fucked and Lallana isn't what you'd call a passer. Neither is Wijnaldum.

Definitely one short but fuck it, you can't moan at the summer transfers we've had, it's been great.

I still think it's on or at least another option. A club doesn't go out and agree nearly £60 million for an attacking midfielder, then buys a keeper and announces we're done.

To be fair clangers that’s pretty much what happened with the centre half situation with Van Dijk last season. We’ve also signed Shaqiri.

The difference here is that I think Lyon are obviously happy to sell whereas Southampton wanted to keep him. It’s clearly just a matter of price. I think they’re just smoking this Aulas cunt out. I reckon Klopp will be thinking if we get him then great if not we’ve still got a great squad anyway. For what it’s worth I think Aulas will come crawling back at the end of the window and it will get done for a smaller or restructured fee.