You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Rumour is that the transfer fee will be payed over the course of his contract, so I'm guessing that will be 5 years. e.g We pay Lyon £10m every year.

So if his knee gets fucked, we don't.

I reckon if a compromise like this has been reached, the player has made it very clear that he wants to join Liverpool and nobody else. 

The important thing to remember is which of us - like me - were right all along that he'd sign.

Have to admit if it does come off I was way off.

I thought that medicals were sort of a yes-or-no deal. Like, if he's healthy, then we do the deal. If he's not, we don't. 

So when we said there were problems and turned the deal down, I thought surely that was it. and that all the people saying we'd still buy him were deluding themselves. After all, it's not as if his knee is going to get better during the World Cup! I guess I hadn't thought through the idea that we could try to mitigate the risk through insurance and restructuring of the deal, which it seems is the route we've gone.

Which, if Jurgen's happy, then fair enough. I was one of the first on here to talk about him last summer when Coutinho started making noise about wanting to leave, I thought (and still think) that if the knee isn't a problem, then he'll be excellent for us.

The one downside is that now every time he goes into a 50-50 we're all going to have our hearts in our mouths. And if he ever does get injured you can bet that every naysayer is going to have a bullhorn out and say "why did we do this deal?" (even if those same people were the ones saying "why didn't we do this deal?" a month ago).

• Upvote 1

He wouldn't even have been picked had Payet not injured himself. But it's not his fault, he doesn't fit into France's current style of play. 

I've agreed with every major attacking signing Klopp has made thus far, but this one would be very iffy to me. Not because he's bad, but because there seems to be a lot of risk involved and he's not an obvious fit. 

Have to admit if it does come off I was way off.

I thought that medicals were sort of a yes-or-no deal. Like, if he's healthy, then we do the deal. If he's not, we don't.

So when we said there were problems and turned the deal down, I thought surely that was it. and that all the people saying we'd still buy him were deluding themselves. After all, it's not as if his knee is going to get better during the World Cup! I guess I hadn't thought through the idea that we could try to mitigate the risk through insurance and restructuring of the deal, which it seems is the route we've gone.

Which, if Jurgen's happy, then fair enough. I was one of the first on here to talk about him last summer when Coutinho started making noise about wanting to leave, I thought (and still think) that if the knee isn't a problem, then he'll be excellent for us.

The one downside is that now every time he goes into a 50-50 we're all going to have our hearts in our mouths. And if he ever does get injured you can bet that every naysayer is going to have a bullhorn out and say "why did we do this deal?" (even if those same people were the ones saying "why didn't we do this deal?" a month ago).

If you were Tony then every 50/50 would result with your balls being in your mouth.

Mignolet you would imagine is off and and when he does go, we will have to buy another keeper anyways.

We need another Bobby option up front as we don't have an alternative if he's injured.

Think with Shaquiri as a very adequate wideman backup if Bobby’s out we’ll move Salah or Mane in that false 9 role.

• Upvote 1

Lots of ifs, I know, but I agree. I still think we need a few more but it’ll be a great summer.

That's interesting. I think a top keeper and Fekir and we're pretty much sorted.

If you consider the younger players coming through over the next few seasons, I'd say we're pretty much sorted for a good while.

What positions do you still think need strengthening?

• Upvote 2

That's interesting. I think a top keeper and Fekir and we're pretty much sorted.

If you consider the younger players coming through over the next few seasons, I'd say we're pretty much sorted for a good while.

What positions do you still think need strengthening?

Much of my view is based off the insane depth other teams have, and more importantly the quality in depth. We have no quality left back cover, we need a CB to replace Lovren, we need a quality striker option too.

We sure are close though. If we get those two.

• Upvote 1