You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Christmas Day must be a right horror show if some of you lads don't get the right presents.

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away."

Nabil Fekir.

Can't believe so many people losing their shit here and online.

Im no fan of the owners but they have done fuck all wrong here

Even if we did trydo the terms of the deal after his medical came back funny, so what he isnt fully fit in medical terms and the club shouldn't be fucking around with a deal that would cost around 90ml over 5 years in wages and fee. We can't be pissing money up the wall without being covered

I tell you what I would lose my shit over.....if we bought a ticking time biomb for massive money knowing full well his knee could blow.

I tell you what I would lose my shit over.....if we bought a ticking time biomb for massive money knowing full well his knee could blow.

Have you recovered from us signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Very much so, now we're actively buying or looking for a quality midfield.

Hopefully the surgery on Oxlade-Chamberlain will be good quality and he will add to that new midfield. 

I think I turned into a hysterical fanny last night, so apologies to all. Stupid drunkposts.

I am genuinely gutted for him, he wanted us and noone else, supposedly contract agreed, interview done, shirt number chosen, then this happens. His head must be up his arse now. But you never know, maybe it will still get pushed through after at a lower price. It's all conjecture at the moment.

All that being said I can understand why/if we pull(ed) out. I blew out my ACL when I was in my teens, and that knee was always weaker, it dislocated a few years ago and today it hurts just to walk down stairs. I do a desk job so its not as if Im playing football every day, so if someone is playing 100% all the time like we do, its easy to see how it would pop again, I can see where the worry came from.

If the medical was conducted as professionally as the news stories are suggesting then this transfer collapse in completely unforeseen. As I understand it,the medical is conducted by independent medical staff and their findings are passed on to the clubs. If they spot something not right then they are bound by professional ethics and conduct to let the parties know of it. I believe it was conducted,or some of it,at Clairfontaine so a professional sporting and medical facility was used. I'd have to back the club fully on their conduct here.

Gutted that it doesn't look like he's signing because I think he's genuinely a class player. Be interesting to see how his injury record goes the next few seasons. I thought he would do well here and fill in a lot of gaps in our play, intricate passing and dribbling in tight games and good free kicks. Basically what we needed to turn draws against shite like Stoke, West Brom and Everton into wins.

We've been burnt too many times with injured players and we seem to have 3 or 4 players a season who appear to be permanently injured or miss a large part of the season. £60m is a lot of money to gamble if you aren't convinced.

It's not the ACL knee though, it's the other one.

My guess is we pulled out, Lyon tried to renegotiate, we sensed blood and lowballed them, they rejected it and both agreed to fuck it off. (for now)

If he's got a dodgy knee though, how is a few million less gonna weigh up for it when it pops the first week of the season? Either he's 100% and we go ahead or he's not and we fuck it off.

• Upvote 2