You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Klopp is driving the boat

Seriously? You think Klopp has told whoever is negotiating to pay less? If so what's your source?

Did Klopp do the same with VVD only to pay full price, maybe more, 6 months later? If he did he's not a quick learner.

Seriously? You think Klopp has told whoever is negotiating to pay less? If so what's your source?

Did Klopp do the same with VVD only to pay full price, maybe more, 6 months later? If he did he's not a quick learner.

I do think that -- since I think it - my source is me. Certainly you can see the difference between the two situations.

Fekir will not start the season with Lyon - they know that and so does he (and there are not a bunch of teams beating the door down for this fella) - a little different from Van Dijk. TBH I dont care -- he is not the best player we will bring in this window.

We rightly should not give two fucks about pissing off the seller. It’s a buyers market.

Southampton fucking hated us but we still got VVD.

Clubs don’t decide buyers players do and that’s wages and trophies. Not pissing about in medicals.

I don't think anyone is arsed about pissing off Lyon.

I dont know if he will be the answer for us either. My concern was over the difficulty of doing deals whilst the world cup is on and the short time after it has finished to get deals done with the window shutting early for UK teams.

You'd hope that the club are fully prepared for this - it isn't a surprise to them is it, everybody knows the situation.

I do think that -- since I think it - my source is me. Certainly you can see the difference between the two situations.

Fekir will not start the season with Lyon - they know that and so does he (and there are not a bunch of teams beating the door down for this fella) - a little different from Van Dijk. TBH I dont care -- he is not the best player we will bring in this window.

I don't particularly care about losing this player, I'm not aware of ever seeing him play and am not keen on signing too many players from the French league, I'm not keen on signing any players from the French league quite frankly.

But I care how it impacts on the most important person currently at LFC, and I'd be amazed if he personally has said he wants the price knocked down after a medical. This is the same man who let us pay £75m for VVD who'd not long had a bad injury, and £40m for AOC he of multiple injuries and 1 year left on his contract.

We ballsed up VVD last year, through pissing Saints off.

But this is different.

Seems to me Lyon weren’t being forthcoming over his medical records and the medical threw up massive problems.

We could either pay top dollar and get a lad who’ll spend most of his time in the medical room. Aka Aqualini mark 2.

Or knock them down for being silly buggers

Or just move on to someone else.

It’s brinkmanship and Lyon have blinked first by saying it’s off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They removed it because of a typo, they have a new statement out. 

https://www.olweb.fr/fr/article/nabil-fekir-reste-a-la-ol-35343.html

Olympique Lyonnais informs that the tripartite negotiations with the Liverpool club and Nabil Fekir for the transfer of the captain of OL have not succeeded and that Olympique Lyonnais has decided to put an end to this negotiation tonight at 20h.

Although the club Liverpool has been the priority of a possible transfer of Nabil, and subject to other proposals consistent with the interest of Nabil and OL and from ambitious clubs, Olympique Lyonnais is delighted soon to be able to count on the presence of his captain who is a leading rookie for this season 2018/2019 during which the club will play the Champions League being in the 3rd hat of the draw.

Just read that Maddock tweet - if we are now trying to restructure terms after an agreement was already made then that's very bad on our part. Is a few million up or down really worth fucking up this? For fucks sake can you think how the player must feel?

I'm guessing, just like everyone else, but I suspect that we had an agreement pending a medical.

Then the medical showed an issue so we came back to revise terms. Probably wanted enough to buy an insurance policy on whatever the problem was, or at the very least a reduction in fee to compensate for the problem. The key point is that we didn't know about the problem when we agreed the fee initially.

As for everyone blaming LFC or Edwards, what are you basing that on? If it is indeed the sequence of events I've described above (and again, I must stress that we don't know for sure), where is the blame on our side?

• Upvote 2