You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

If we get Fekir, Shaq and a new keeper then we need to win something next year don’t we

We should still win something if the squad stays as it is now. Hendo, Gini, Ox, Milner won't just turn into scrap because of them new arrival. Plus Wilson, Woodburn & hopefully Brewster will play bigger role. Some squad that. 

Hypocrite given my comments on Shaqiri thread but .. signing so far I’d also be most worried about. Just looks a little slow in his highlights — and our league is typically unforgiving of players without that yard of pace. Typically.

If the technique and vision is there then it should typically work out. See Silva and Matt for instance. Top players but both can't be described as pace merchants.

That's the concern for me. If he regains the pace he had before his knee injury, he's world class. If it's gone forever, I'm worried he might be more in the luxury player mold. 

Do you mean if we want to play him wide? I don't see why he needs pace given his attributes if he's a central player. Plenty of world class no. 10's have played the game with average or even below average pace. Be nice to have sure, but I don't see why the lack of would drop him significantly. Let's also not forget, he will be playing in a system that greatly accentuates the qualities of gifted attacking players and surrounded by much better talent than he had at Lyon.

I think Coutinho is pretty deceptively fast actually. Not Mané-fast, but still really good getting in behind from one of the wider front-3 forward positions- it’s his best position. If Fekir is coming to predominantly play attacking mid as a creator with supreme technique for the others it may not be a problem ... but don’t have the same insane confidence as Mané/Salah when they pitched up .. hope to be very very wrong!

Disagree, think the idea of Coutinho being anything other than average pace wise, short or long distance is an illusion. He's one of those players with outstanding technique and body control that is able to constantly put defenders off balance, and if you can do that, you can waltz by defenders even if you move like a panzer tank. Coutinho is not in the same stratosphere as Mane pace wise.

If Fekir plays central and has even close to the same technical quality, he can do similar things without elite speed, because he also has one thing Coutinho didn't and that is a real physical presence and an ability to use it to keep the ball.

I know this is going to sound very Ev but the Mancs heads have absolutely fell off. Go and read Redcafe it’s an absolute delight.

I've just clicked over there and one of the very first posts I read proposes that they offer De Gea and Pogba in a straight swap for Bale and Ronaldo!

Put that lad in charge of their transfers, I say. I thought Ed Woodward was amazing but that is truly genius.

I've just clicked over there and one of the very first posts I read proposes that they offer De Gea and Pogba in a straight swap for Bale and Ronaldo!

Put that lad in charge of their transfers, I say. I thought Ed Woodward was amazing but that is truly genius.

Haha - just had a look at that Red Cafe. Says a lot when the top of the thread list and discussion is one of our potential signings. There’s a mixture of bitterness saying he’s not that good and all these players we’re signing won’t gel in time and then others saying they need a ‘big’ Signing like Gareth Bale to compete haha!

Fekir has pace and because he’s technically so good doesn’t mean he has Ozil like strength, he’s strong as fuck, I guarantee hardly any midfielders are able to bully him. He has a temper that’ll get him a few yellows next season, him and Keita are about to show that you can be small, skilful, aggressive and strong not just one or the other. They’re both exactly the type of Jurgen Klopp players you’d expect him to sign. Next seasons going to be a ride and a half whether we win any trophies or not!