You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Absolutely incredible to still see people asking "Where would WORLD CLASS PLAYER X fit into our team" when you basically need two teams worth of quality players these days. We have about 14-16 players worthy of being called first teamers, so there's a need to add 6-8 class additions in the summer, so that's Keita plus 5-7 more.

• Upvote 1

We dont have to do anything - if he comes he will need to play himself into the 11.

Don’t work that though does it! Why wasn’t Van Dijk told to play himself into the team? You buy a player that talented and you and waste him on the bench until he’s proved his worth then that’s bordering on Mourinho tactics and look at the way talented footballers end up with him, they don’t want to play for him.

The only thing Klopp would require him to do before he starts would be to get fit enough to get into his team, which with a full preseason he would be. We’re not the kind of club to spend £60m on a player only to tell him to play himself into the team, he comes here and id guess that he’d have some assurances from someone that he’s here to start.

Absolutely incredible to still see people asking "Where would WORLD CLASS PLAYER X fit into our team" when you basically need two teams worth of quality players these days. We have about 14-16 players worthy of being called first teamers, so there's a need to add 6-8 class additions in the summer, so that's Keita plus 5-7 more.

I mean in terms of Klopp, i don’t think he’d buy a world class player just because he’s world class, Toni Kroos for example is world class but way too slow to play for Jurgen Klopp so I couldn’t see him buying him, he’d be more likely to buy a lesser known player that fits his system more than just a world class player.

• Upvote 1

Don’t work that though does it! Why wasn’t Van Dijk told to play himself into the team? You buy a player that talented and you and waste him on the bench until he’s proved his worth then that’s bordering on Mourinho tactics and look at the way talented footballers end up with him, they don’t want to play for him.

The only thing Klopp would require him to do before he starts would be to get fit enough to get into his team, which with a full preseason he would be. We’re not the kind of club to spend £60m on a player only to tell him to play himself into the team, he comes here and id guess that he’d have some assurances from someone that he’s here to start.

The fuck it doesn't. He will get the same assuarances every other player will get -- you are coming into the CL finalists kid, get it done.

Van Dijk showed up and I guarantee you from the first day in training was head and shoulders above every CB we have. Robertson was the best LB at the club and had to earn it.

We are that kind of a club now cuz we spent 40 m on Chamberlain and he did it.

Our front three are all top class - if Fekir wants a kick upfront he better be ready.

If he wants to take minutes off someone in the midfield then he needs to be ready for what that entails in this system.

I can guarantee Klopp will not change what we are doing to make this Fekir fit in.

My only problem with him where on earth would he fit in, the only logical place would be as a CM but would he be as effective playing there because he’s basically magic playing as No.10, he really is phenomenal. All sorts of goals and he’s as tricky a player there is, he beats men for fun.

If he can transform himself into a proper CM I can’t see many other midfielders dealing with him and Keita running at and through them, as long as we get a proper deep lying playmaker to thread balls through the lines into Keita and Fekirs feet then we’re good to go. I don’t think Henderson has the ability to play first time balls quickly whilst under pressure into their feet so someone like Neves or Jorginho would help us a hell of a lot more when breaking down teams who sit deep. Henderson, Can and Gini tend to take a touch to get it under control before releasing it which as minute as it seems slows us down that few seconds that lets teams get back into more a shape. With Neves or Jorginho they have the vision and ability to be in the right place to play a quick pass onto Keita and Fekir to run forward with the ball pulling defenders out from their lines to close them down leaving more space for Salah and Mane outwide.

I'm wondering if he's been bought to play certain games, not all.

Surprising at the fee if so, but maybe not, maybe Klopp is going to tinker with the formation when we come up against the deep-lying shit houses and play with a diamond in midfield.

Like you, I can't see him playing a true midfield role in the same way that AlOx or Wijnaldum does, he doesn't quite seem to have the skill-set for that in this division. But maybe he does. I think it all depends on Klopp getting a proper DM to replace Can. After all, you look at City and they basically build everything on top of Fernandinho.

Does make me wonder though that we're pretty much up against City for the same type of player, because Fernandinho is 33. Not only that, but Yaya Toure is leaving, so they will be front and centre for the likes of Jorginho.

The good news, is that we have Keita already, otherwise the bidding for him this summer would be over £100m.

The fuck it doesn't. He will get the same assuarances every other player will get -- you are coming into the CL finalists kid, get it done.

Van Dijk showed up and I guarantee you from the first day in training was head and shoulders above every CB we have. Robertson was the best LB at the club and had to earn it.

We are that kind of a club now cuz we spent 40 m on Chamberlain and he did it.

Our front three are all top class - if Fekir wants a kick upfront he better be ready.

If he wants to take minutes off someone in the midfield then he needs to be ready for what that entails in this system.

I can guarantee Klopp will not change what we are doing to make this Fekir fit in.

Ox didn’t play at the beginning because he wasn’t fit enough or tactically where we wanted him to be because he didn’t have a Klopp preseason. Robertson wasn’t the best left back in the squad when he arrived, he was probably behind Moreno and Milner but he’s probably surprised even Klopp how good he’s been.

Ox has played in every big game since Christmas I think or at least the majority of them which shows once he was up to physical standard he was always going to play.

I don’t believe for a second that Klopp would change, which was my whole point in where will he fit in.

I'm wondering if he's been bought to play certain games, not all.

Surprising at the fee if so, but maybe not, maybe Klopp is going to tinker with the formation when we come up against the deep-lying shit houses and play with a diamond in midfield.

Like you, I can't see him playing a true midfield role in the same way that AlOx or Wijnaldum does, he doesn't quite seem to have the skill-set for that in this division. But maybe he does. I think it all depends on Klopp getting a proper DM to replace Can. After all, you look at City and they basically build everything on top of Fernandinho.

Does make me wonder though that we're pretty much up against City for the same type of player, because Fernandinho is 33. Not only that, but Yaya Toure is leaving, so they will be front and centre for the likes of Jorginho.

The good news, is that we have Keita already, otherwise the bidding for him this summer would be over £100m.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he missed out playing CM in games against the big boys and as you say is bought to play CM in certain games, against a deep block team you could afford to play him CM as he wouldn’t be that much under pressure so he could breeze past them, I can’t express how good I think he is and will now be gutted if we don’t sign him. The thing I will give him is that he has massive strong legs that would give him an edge coming into this league because he doesn’t look all that strength wise but he’s fucking hard to knock off the ball.

He’s too talented a footballer to just be in the squad, if we buy him we’ve got to fit him in somewhere. I’m not sure if you’ve seen much of him mate but he’s honestly amazing, the more I’ve seen of him this year the more I’ve thought why haven’t Barca or Madrid gone for him to add to their ageing squad.

I agree that the squad needs sorting but the way I would personally do it and the way I think that teams improve is by replacing the current starter with someone better, demoting him to the bench and selling the already benched players. For example of the front 3 Mane to me would be the easiest replaced, I think he’s amazing by the way but if you had the option to buy an improvement on him then do it and he becomes a squad player.

That's pretty much the way I see it too. As Confucius once said 'He who stands still, limps with a hop'.

Wait -- you were just saying he was going to be walked into the starting 11 and now he wont make the BIG games?

First off I didn’t say he’d be walked into the team I said if we buy him he’d have to play because he’s too talented not too, then I said he’d have to have some kind of assurance that he’d be a starter more often than not because he’s a wanted man. I agree that he’ll have to work hard because that’s what Klopp demands from his players but footballing ability wise for me if he comes here he has to play. He’s way way too talented to be wasted on the bench.

As not playing in the big games I said he may not play CM in them, he would play as one of the wide men or as a No.10 in a different shape, also players do actually need a break now and then so the games he’d be rested in for me would be the games where he’d have to defend the most because he’s not defensive minded. In the games where were expected to dominate he’ll be invaluable

• Upvote 1

I vacillate day by day in regards to my opinion of potentially signing Fekir. I don't 100% get it. It would make less sense than our past attacking signings under Klopp, not in terms of his ability, but in terms of his style of play and how he would fit in.

Physically, I don't know if he would cut it. He dribbles by people a ton in France, but it's not due to his acceleration anymore after his knee problem and he gets the benefit of the doubt there with the refs in terms of winning fouls, something I'm not sure he would get here. He does have phenomenal technique, though, so that's a point in his favour, but he wouldn't be like Eden Hazard, who has amazing technique, matched with freakish acceleration and quickness.  

Just don't think it's an obvious success like Mane and Salah were. Still think Lemar is the better fit at LFC if they are available for around the same price.