You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf

Tyler Durden

Played my first round in a couple of years today and loved it. Couldn’t believe how well I was hiting it. Middle of fairway and every green in regulation. Lots of 3 puts but not arsed about that. Some drives were in better spots than I put them years ago when I played 2 or 3 times a week.

Completely empty course, lovely and warm and not a breathe of wind.

Met a few lads on the 15th cutting a few holes off so played in with them. Put one in a pond. One in the woods and another over the road.so normal high 80’s low 90’s service was resumed. Wish the summer was ahead and not behind.

Literally just back from yearly trip away with 12 lads for golf. We always stay in the UK and Ireland. Next year is the 30th year so we’ll have to arrange something different.

We played St Andrews (eventually, having missed out on the ballot the first day), Lundin Links. Elie, Leven in Fife, and Gleneagles. Lundin Links was superb.

DaveU has also called into question my spotting of Mark McGhee and Archie Knox at Gleneagles, so here’s some further stalkery pictures. 76f157186763dab357de16c0dfaf51b8.jpg3578197ca9864663c2a24b1e34d0a298.jpg

• Upvote 1

With the accommodation in Anstruther (we double up in twin rooms) the whole think came in around £700 for the 5 days. Pricy I suppose, but for a lot of us it’s the only time of the year we get to see each other now due to being spread from Texas to Nigeria with work.

• Upvote 1

With the accommodation in Anstruther (we double up in twin rooms) the whole think came in around £700 for the 5 days. Pricy I suppose, but for a lot of us it’s the only time of the year we get to see each other now due to being spread from Texas to Nigeria with work.

Did you go to the chippy in Anstruther?

Tiger in the US Ryder Cup team.

I am a bit of a fair weather golf viewer , I have never played and only ever watch the Masters and the Ryder Cup.

Think it might be difficult for GB / Europe to keep their fantastic home run going this time around.

He isn't a team player and the circus that surrounds him is actually beneficial to the GB and Europe team,in my opinion.

When you say something to someone, they don't respond, make no acknowledgement at all, so you asked them are they listening and they get a cob on and say they are listening. Well, maybe it's just me but if you're listening to someone you let them know you are, fucking HATE it.

Also when someone, namely a fucking bird says theyre doing something which they 100% have never mentioned before and say 'i told you about this' or 'I mentioned it the other day, women fucking love that.

This is classic, goes to the 'World's best fish & chip shop' & orders a chicken pakora.

Take a bow, Johnny.

I hate fish and chips. The lads said the fish was good. Chicken pakora was a 7.5 - 10 for me.

Does it sell gravy?

Not sure. We’re due back there in 5 years so I’ll let you know then.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Brownie said:

It’s so good to see Tiger back in the thick of it; he and Rose tied for the lead at the halfway point of the Tour Championship at East Lake.

Ideally for me, Tiger wins the tournament but Rose gets the Fedex Cup.

I fancy Tiger to win a major next year.

What accounts for his return to form? Is he back on the blondes?