You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go Sober for Mind

Fowlers God

I am going to donate £48. This is going to be donated thus:

£1 per month for the first 4 months. £4

£2 month 5. £6

£3 month 6. £9

£4 month 7. £13

£5 month 8. £18

£6 month 9. £24

£7 month 10. £31

£8 month 11. £39

£9 month 12. £48

Hopefully my maths is correct and I can donate to the cause month by month or the deals off. You drink, the deals off. You will keep all the donations made until the deal ends, up until the end of month 12.

Deal?

I got my payments up to date this week so I am bumping my own post to make sure I am keeping up to date on them. They get a bit bigger from now on so keep up the good work. I am keeping updated on your work through this thread so keep bumping.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

7 months Sober today.

Been incredibly challenging this year and the no drinking has helped me deal with and become a better person for it. It’s made me face my problems head on and I’m slowly able to get my life back on track.

Knowing my character and my personality being sober has helped me in many ways through this difficult period as it’s helped me keep a clear head and has helped me make decisions as rationally as possible.

I tell you what though, it’s been fucking horrible at the same time not being able to get completely fucking bollockesd and just forgetting about shit for once.

Anyway, if you haven’t donated yet or have already but feel compelled to throw some more in, the link is below.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dan-jones40

Just 5 months left to go. I’m officially past half way and down on a countdown now!!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember when I first even contemplated doing this. It took me a whole year for the thought to even become a word. And once I announced my sobriety I never thought I would have had the year that I have had to date. Wow, it’s been a challenge, wow has it been painful, wow, wow, wow! But today marks 8 months Sober in memory of Jamie. So far I have Raised a magnificent total of £1,378. I know there are many of you who haven’t donated yet because you were waiting for a milestone or you were waiting on me completing the year, I urge you guys. Do it now! Keep me going, make a difference in somebody else’s lives through your donation to Mind. I’ll do the hard work. 
Please read the link below and donate generously if you can!

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

10 months today you miserable fucks.

if you’ve not seen this before or want to know more, please see the link below. 

Well done mate. Genuinely don't have a dime to scratch my arse with but as soon as I get paid i'll be donating. Got a job interview Friday so fingers crossed. I cant imagine going 10 days without a bevy let alone 10 months. Proud of you Dan lad.  Seriously knocking the ale on the head in the new year for a few months. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

I honestly never thought I’d do it. And given the adversity I’ve come through this year, it’s actually made me even more determined. 

Ive been given every excuse under the sun to cave in, but I’m a man true to my word. 

You just doing the full year or going to keep it up? My mate who was a serious binge drinker (worse than us) decided to do a month on new years day nearly 6 years ago decided to do a month without. He hasn't drank since. We have hardly seen him since but keep in touch.... Still calls himself an alcoholic and thats what stops him drinking. I just can't imagine stopping and never having my arms aloft pissed at 4am somewhere singing Oasis loud as fuck. Its what I strive for everytime I have a drink. Sad as it is. 

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You just doing the full year or going to keep it up? My mate who was a serious binge drinker (worse than us) decided to do a month on new years day nearly 6 years ago decided to do a month without. He hasn't drank since. We have hardly seen him since but keep in touch.... Still calls himself an alcoholic and thats what stops him drinking. I just can't imagine stopping and never having my arms aloft pissed at 4am somewhere singing Oasis loud as fuck. Its what I strive for everytime I have a drink. Sad as it is. 

To be honest, I was living for those moments. But on my own. 

Its given me a proper wake up call in regards to how how I was abusing alcohol for my own depression. 

Im in a much better place now and I would say that it’s down to not drinking so I’m actually very nervous about whether or not to drink again. 

Genuinely thankful to everyone who has donated from the site. 

Im truly blessed to have such wonderful support. 

I know that this started out as charity event, but it’s been truly life saving for me. 

@Anny Road how you doing pal? I’ve not seen much of your posts lately. I know I’ve been off the site for large periods of time, but I hope you’re hanging on in there brother 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Genuinely thankful to everyone who has donated from the site. 

Im truly blessed to have such wonderful support. 

I know that this started out as charity event, but it’s been truly life saving for me. 

@Anny Road how you doing pal? I’ve not seen much of your posts lately. I know I’ve been off the site for large periods of time, but I hope you’re hanging on in there brother 

Genuinely don’t know how you’ve got this far. It seemed to be the only thing you I can remember you posting about, after your kids. And that’s s pretty scary combination.

I honestly meant it when I said the other week that my kids were tiny babies when I last went more than a week without having a drink and I barely touch the stuff compared to most of you lot.

Fair play to you, FG. Donation incoming

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

When are the twelve months up? I will try and finish the payments at the end of twelve months. 

Hello mate. You’ve done a fantastic effort donating so far, if things are too tight buddy with Christmas coming up, please don’t put yourself out. 

My 12 months officially is up 20th January, however I will be going until the 26th when it’s my friends anniversary drinks.