You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They tried to make me go to rehab and I said.......Ok then.

Anny Road

Only been here a few days but feel lightheaded with positivity. It will be a long slog but I’m starting the journey.

Despite my willingness to stay positive and look forward without being judgmental and building resentments a few little things are trying to piss me off.

As usual with me it is other people. Talk about being ungrateful and moaning. Other people here complaining that they have to meet key workers on a Sunday. Have to be up at 9 for a get together ( I was up at 5.30 cleaning). It’s alright for staff they get 2 days off we have to do stuff every day including Sunday. The food is crap. It is to expensive even though they are paying next to nothing because they don’t work. The bed is uncomfortable. It’s too cold, it’s too warm, Why do I have to attend AA twice a week.

Some of these unfortunates have no chance. They just don’t get it. They want someone else to cure them while they watch Corrie.

Sorry if I am ranting on but it gets it out my system. And breathe.

• Upvote 1

Only been here a few days but feel lightheaded with positivity. It will be a long slog but I’m starting the journey.

Despite my willingness to stay positive and look forward without being judgmental and building resentments a few little things are trying to piss me off.

As usual with me it is other people. Talk about being ungrateful and moaning. Other people here complaining that they have to meet key workers on a Sunday. Have to be up at 9 for a get together ( I was up at 5.30 cleaning). It’s alright for staff they get 2 days off we have to do stuff every day including Sunday. The food is crap. It is to expensive even though they are paying next to nothing because they don’t work. The bed is uncomfortable. It’s too cold, it’s too warm, Why do I have to attend AA twice a week.

Some of these unfortunates have no chance. They just don’t get it. They want someone else to cure them while they watch Corrie.

Sorry if I am ranting on but it gets it out my system. And breathe.

Tell them it is only expected of them for the time they are there and if they don't like it why don't they leave?
  • Upvote 1

There was an AA meeting in this building this afternoon and I was the only one going. I dragged a young girl and one of the other blokes with me. It was a good meeting with nice people being honest and open. Tea and choc biscuits. It’s not like they were doing anything else on a Sunday afternoon.

Won’t bother next time.

They have no willingness to put in some effort.

There was an AA meeting in this building this afternoon and I was the only one going. I dragged a young girl and one of the other blokes with me. It was a good meeting with nice people being honest and open. Tea and choc biscuits. It’s not like they were doing anything else on a Sunday afternoon.

Won’t bother next time.

They have no willingness to put in some effort.

You would have been the only person there otherwise right or wax if open to people from outside?

Are you staying in a hostel of is if a building used soley for rehab, also while I am not suggesting you do if what would happen if you went the pub and bought a pub lunch but didn't drink and what would happen if you find the same and had a drink and they found out would they kick you out?

Focus on yourself Anny, you can't make people change. It sounds as though the facility is the best opportunity that these people will get to conquer their addictions, if that's not enough motivation then that's their problem.

I agree with Elite fuck other people you can only save yourself remember AA is voluntary and it is down to the individual if they want to go. Don't lose focus of your own problems by wasting your effort with other people who don't give a shit if they carry on drinking that's their problem not yours.
  • Upvote 1

The meeting was open there were around 15 non residents at it. Nice people.

It’s a specific rehab center / addiction treatment facility.

Going to licensed premises is discouraged as in most cases the will power is weak. I considered it for CL matches but should be ok to stream it.

Will meet the wife and kids and go for a meal but probably pizza express or the like rather than a pub pub.

Regular breath and piss tests randomly and I gather if you fail it a meeting is held and depending upon the individual circumstances you are booted or yellow carded and asked to sign a contract.

Focus on yourself Anny, you can't make people change. It sounds as though the facility is the best opportunity that these people will get to conquer their addictions, if that's not enough motivation then that's their problem.

I agree with Elite fuck other people you can only save yourself remember AA is voluntary and it is down to the individual if they want to go. Don't lose focus of your own problems by wasting your effort with other people who don't give a shit if they carry on drinking that's their problem not yours.

I do agree and my attitude has always been that way. Fuck them. I’m trying to work it a bit and be a bit more helpful and empathetic. A this stage for completely selfish reason as it will hopefully make me feel good about myself.

Great work mate, you should be really proud of yourself for getting even this far. Tremendous stuff.

Cheers mate.
  • Upvote 1