You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22nd Jan PL, The Swans better Duck, the Liver Birds are in town. Swansea v Liverpool

Guest Pistonbroke

You’re a special kind of stupid. You most often see it in the American Bible Belt, but you’ve nailed it.

Have you got a special phone or computer to accommodate your fat fingers or do you use voice recognition?

Erm yes. That’s it. You’re glad we got beat, and you call yourself a fan? As I mentioned earlier, you’ve been pretty quiet recently whilst we’ve been on a decent run, compared to your prolific posts from the last bad run we had when you were critical of Klopp and everything he did. So, yeah, I bet you are glad we were beaten so you can start posting all your usual Klopp shit, you bad bellend

Ings almost caused the equalizer at the end. He showed real desire to get on the end of Van Dijk’s header, but he was crowded out. He back heeled it and took a few defender out. Van Dijk chilled it in and Firmino p,anted an easy header onto the post, while Lallana was a bit slow to react for the rebound.

Ings was borderline for us before his injuries, but several were backing him to be at least half decent. Two bad injuries later and The Who,e team has moved in, so it’s a long way back for him. In all likelihood he will have to move in to kick start his career.

The Swansea game was rubbish on any number of levels, but Ings is not to blame, and his hunger and invention nearly opened it up for an equalizer at the end.

I’m glad we lost.

Window is still open, better to lose now and end the run in brilliantly shit fashion so that the manager has time to contemplate a signing.

Or he decides he doesn’t want to sign anyone, and we go forward from here risking our CL campaign and 4th place finish knowing that at any time we’re capable of losing like that again.

You fucking what? That was over a week ago!

We have these shit games against the division's dregs every single year. The goal conceded (from Swansea's first effort on target I think) was so typicalof the sort of goal we concede every year. Last season we conceded from a corner we failed to clear at Hull, and I think they scored that just before half time too. Tonight, Van Dijk got no purchase on his clearance (if anything, he got right OVER the ball and could only nod it down), then that Rob Beckett-lookalike cunt Mawson got to the second ball after a typical scramble to tuck it into the corner.

We had a lot of the ball but Swansea were keeping everybody back and making it difficult to play through them. We still had chances (Salah blasted a great chance over the bar, Mane stretched to reach a Salah cross after an incisive break and just couldn't connect properly, ans Van Dijk header one just wide from a corner). I don't know much about the second half bar the last 5 minutes or so because Virgin Media chose that moment to 'improve services' for their TV and broadband, but it seems we huffed and puffed but couldn't blow their house down.

I saw Van Dijk fire a long-ranger well over the bar, and Salah fire high and wide from the right, and then Firmino was unlucky to hit the post in the very last seconds. Lallana couldn't react in time to tuck in the rebound.

Last year, we beat Man City 1-0 at Anfield, only to lay an egg two days later when drawing 2-2 at rock-bottom Sunderland. Not long afterwards, we lost 2-0 at rock-bottom Hull. In the title-challenge season, we started with three straight 1-0 wins with goals from Sturridge, then had the international break, returning to action with a laboured 2-2 draw at Swansea. I think we failed to win our next two games before getting back on track with a winning streak.

We've got bottom-dwelling West Brom in the cup next. We know how they're going to approach it (we saw it a month or so ago). The question is, can we bounce back from this setback? Last season, a home defeat in January to Swansea was the start of three straight defeats at home where we looked abject. We'll find out in the current squad has the mental fortitude to recover.

Did the players look fresh to you because they did not to me. I totally agree they should be ok after a week off if you read what I posted instead of jumping to conclusions you would have noticed that. van Dijk got no purchase on the header because he was clatered and impeded by 3 of our players either jumping into him or getting in the way. Yes I agree we have done this too often beat the top team lose to a shit one at the bottom. Different players and managers so what is the answer. I do not know. As I said we got what we deserved tonight. Nothing. But how some people can say they are glad we lost tonight I do not know. Strange place this. General point though if Coutinho had played we still would have lost because when the ball got to Mane Salah Bobby or anyone else we pissed about and wasted any chances there may have been. I agree with lots that the decision to take Chamberlane off was strange when Gini was offering nothing.

I've been negged twice. 

Consequences of being an alleged superfan I suppose.

This may come as a surprise to you, but people don't usually take too kindly to being called 'whoppers, bellends, Istanbul bandwagon jumpers' by some random lurker just because they dared complain about losing to the shittest team in the league. Just a hypothesis.

• Upvote 1

Dont really like all this talk about who to blame after a defeat.

But the main thing I think Klopp did wrong was not pushing Van Dijk up front earlier.

That and he only used 2 sub's. TAA looked an obvious one to make considering all the space they were allowing us down the sides.

Erm yes. That’s it. You’re glad we got beat, and you call yourself a fan? As I mentioned earlier, you’ve been pretty quiet recently whilst we’ve been on a decent run, compared to your prolific posts from the last bad run we had when you were critical of Klopp and everything he did. So, yeah, I bet you are glad we were beaten so you can start posting all your usual Klopp shit, you bad bellend

Rather than get angry with me how about you get angry at what you saw on the pitch? They were barely arsed. Barely conscious. Jordan Ayew looked more threatening than any of our players. And we just had 8 days rest.

I know it must be a fucking faff to be driven to Swansea on a Monday night in January to play football, but that was a new low.

I am very concerned about the rest of the season.  This wasn't an isolated performance.  We saw it against Leicester, Burnley and Everton.  The only difference is that the little things went for us in those games, whereas in this one they didn't.  Take that chance at the end - quite similar in method to what happened in the dying seconds at Burnley, but this time it didn't go in.

Selling Coutinho without having an immediate replacement lined up was stupid.  The front three were dependent upon him to keep the chances coming, but tonight the clear opportunities and clever interplay dried up.  There is a big onus on Lallana and the Ox to fill the void, and as much as I like them individually in their own way, I don't think they have what it takes.  

Factoring in the lack of a reliable goalkeeper, and with van Dijk still settling in, I fear there will be more results like this to follow.  

I honestly dont think FSG care that much about CL.

Continued Prem status, and a Coutinho pay day here and there, will do just fine.

Life on the farm.

I am choosing to try and believe/trust in Klopp at the mo, the other option eats me up too much...

Time is gonna tell isn't it - It is daunting watching the mancs add Sanchez to a team already ahead of us for example but it seems Klopp believes in what he has and his ability to get it doing the business.

If we don't fill the obvious holes in the Summer then again questions will and should be asked IMO.

It's fucking head frying isn't it this footy lark!

I am very concerned about the rest of the season.  This wasn't an isolated performance.  We saw it against Leicester, Burnley and Everton.  The only difference is that the little things went for us in those games, whereas in this one they didn't.  Take that chance at the end - quite similar in method to what happened in the dying seconds at Burnley, but this time it didn't go in.

Selling Coutinho without having an immediate replacement lined up was stupid.  The front three were dependent upon him to keep the chances coming, but tonight the clear opportunities and clever interplay dried up.  There is a big onus on Lallana and the Ox to fill the void, and as much as I like them individually in their own way, I don't think they have what it takes.  

Factoring in the lack of a reliable goalkeeper, and with van Dijk still settling in, I fear there will be more results like this to follow.

You’re letting the front three off the hook too much there I feel. In the absence of Coutinho, they too need to step up. They didn’t tonight. In fact Mane was statistically the worst player on the pitch.

I

This may come as a surprise to you, but people don't usually take too kindly to being called 'whoppers, bellends, Istanbul bandwagon jumpers' by some random lurker just because they dared complain about losing to the shittest team in the league. Just a hypothesis.

He’s got a point though. It’s one thing being critical, but some of the tits, and it’s the usual suspects, FrenchEyeGlass, Funnneee amongst others, aren’t just critical of the performance, they go well OTT, everyone is shit, not good enough, Klopp etc etc. they seem to get off on it. We lost a game, we were shit, it’s the 1st game we’ve lost for ages, it’s like they’ve just been waiting so they can come out with all their negative shit. And yes, I would question their credentials of being a ‘fan’ too. Especially when one says he’s glad we lost!!!

Rather than get angry with me how about you get angry at what you saw on the pitch? They were barely arsed. Barely conscious. Jordan Ayew looked more threatening than any of our players. And we just had 8 days rest.

I know it must be a fucking faff to be driven to Swansea on a Monday night in January to play football, but that was a new low.

It was not a new low,  Packed defence on a difficult slow pitch was always going to prove a lot more difficult than people expected . We had the best chances and missed,  

I am very concerned about the rest of the season. This wasn't an isolated performance. We saw it against Leicester, Burnley and Everton. The only difference is that the little things went for us in those games, whereas in this one they didn't. Take that chance at the end - quite similar in method to what happened in the dying seconds at Burnley, but this time it didn't go in.

Selling Coutinho without having an immediate replacement lined up was stupid. The front three were dependent upon him to keep the chances coming, but tonight the clear opportunities and clever interplay dried up. There is a big onus on Lallana and the Ox to fill the void, and as much as I like them individually in their own way, I don't think they have what it takes.

Agree.

We’ve often flattered to deceive in our unbeaten run.

Salah’s wonderful form has glossed over a multitude of sins.

Someone like Mahrez would be great, but I think we need an Ndidi or Lucas Torreira just as much,

Made the trip over for the game last week. Nothing could describe the feeling of being on the Kop when that 4th goal went in.

Then a week later we go to Swansea and shit our pants, United flatmate chuckling away in the background, last week's result negated and now need to buy a new laptop after that miss at the end.

Spoke to about 5 people who all called it. Beat the leaders, lose meekly to the bottom team. What a perfectly predictable, shitty night.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You’re letting the front three off the hook too much there I feel. In the absence of Coutinho, they too need to step up. They didn’t tonight. In fact Mane was statistically the worst player on the pitch.

I don't think Coutinho's influence on our attack can be overstated.  He was an incredible player for us, and often turned these type of games into draws or wins.

However, I know that you have it in for Firmino and have a massive hard-on for Sturridge, so I'm not here to sway your view. 

That's just how I see things 

• Upvote 1

Having to rely on Lallana non scorer when he's been pretty much bang average since we signed him baring a short spell before his injury. Yeah we're fucked.

• Upvote 1

Just one of those Monday night fuck ups. Frustrating as fuck. Not to worry. We'll smash an under strength West Brom in the cup then beat Klopps mates outfit midweek. Spurs will draw with Utd. We twat Spurs and were up and running.

Lighten up you miserable cunts.

Agree.

We’ve often flattered to deceive in our unbeaten run.

Salah’s wonderful form has glossed over a multitude of sins.

Someone like Mahrez would be great, but I think we need an Ndidi or Lucas Torreira just as much,

I've posted before that I found the suggestion of Mahrez as a replacement for Coutinho laughable when I first read it, but I would love to have him here now.  Anyone with that bit of "x factor" and able to produce something unexpected would be warmly welcomed by me.  If I could use one word to sum up our attacking play tonight it would be "unimaginative".