You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rix & Williams WTF!

jboy14

Something, something Chelsea Rentboys....

I had the unfortunate experience of being in with Chelsea fans at Stamford Bridge years ago and they were racially abusing their own players. 

An utter disgrace of a club from top to bottom.

No doubt this type of behaviour went beyond Chelsea FC.

Sickening stuff in that article.

A shocking read indeed, sounds like something from the 60's! Unbelievable what they put him through - and with Ruud the manager too!

I wonder if you can read anything into Gullit giving Williams the hover arm treatment in the photo.  He looks less than pleased to be standing next to him posing for the camera, with more of a grimace than a smile.

No doubt this type of behaviour went beyond Chelsea FC.

Sickening stuff in that article.

Aye, this is true in fairness. 

Can you imagine the outrage if it was LFC this happened at? You'd have every media outlet in the country blasting the club. 

Chelsea will get off much lighter from the press than they should. Guarantee it. 

Aye, this is true in fairness. 

Can you imagine the outrage if it was LFC this happened at? You'd have every media outlet in the country blasting the club. 

Chelsea will get off much lighter from the press than they should. Guarantee it. 

It's the main story on the BBC football website now.

I hate the attitude of "imagine if it was us we'd get slaughtered etc." It's not time added on or on the pitch insults it's real life abuse and it goes beyond sporting rivalry. It's disgusting that children have been unprotected in this industry when it's an industry built on the backs of kids. Too many blind eyes in this game.

• Upvote 3

It's the main story on the BBC football website now.

It should be the main story on all websites and news channels. 

Very little about it today on TV when I looked. 

I realise it's not the time for points scoring when what that article reveals is hideous, but I just wanted to mention that if it was LFC there would be huge outrage and every nobhead reporter and commentator jumping on the bandwagon. IMHO. Opinions etc etc.

If you read accounts of the shit black players took back in the 70s and 80s it's not much of a suprise sadly. Seems people did not speak up because they didn't want to be marked up as a troublemaker and sidelined bit like the Weinstein scandal. No suprise the vile scum had a direct line to the owner Ken Bates. It's the modus operandi of small sick people that seems to occur in many environments.

It should be the main story on all websites and news channels. 

Very little about it today on TV when I looked. 

I realise it's not the time for points scoring when what that article reveals is hideous, but I just wanted to mention that if it was LFC there would be huge outrage and every nobhead reporter and commentator jumping on the bandwagon. IMHO. Opinions etc etc.

Didn't Guardian break this story just 3 hours ago or so? And why would the media protect Chelsea?

That is unbelievable. First reaction was to post the rentboys video again because it never gets old, but then I kept reading and ... my goodness. Hard to even joke about.

Those poor children. That actually makes me a bit sick.

Also, and this is not exactly on the topic of the abuse/racism, how on earth did Chelsea give Rix back his job after he went to prison for sexual assault on a 15-year old girl!?!? The article says he came right out of prison and was immediately reinstated as the 1st team coach!