You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Arabia

Captain Turdseye

On 11/15/2018 at 5:47 PM, Dougie Do'ins said:

Jamal Khashoggi murder ordered by agent - Saudi prosecutor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46222337

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I reckon the Crown prince ordered it. A third party caught it on audio and fed it to the Turks. Erdogan then used it to squeeze concessions out of the Americans and the Saudis which is why he drip fed the evidence to the media. Now that Turkey have got their bribe everyone is agreed on the need for a fall guy and rogue elements. Turkey meanwhile will keep hold of the recording, just incase Trump and the CIA continue to interfere in Turkish affairs. Crown prince stays, Turkey gets a bribe, US keeps its cash flow - everyone is a winner.

or maybe it was just an out of control agent............

The Turkish Defence minister stated “There was no surveillance within the consulate [and] we will not reveal the source of the recordings,”

But yes he could be lying and yes I guess that source could be Turkish. Or it could be the Russians or a Saudi faction opposed to the Crown Prince.

Trumps comments were interesting. He said he hasn't listened to the recordings because they are so terrible. Its inconceiveable he would not listen unless he wants to maintain plausible deniability because there is evidence of the Crown Prince giving the order. If Clinton had given the order you can bet he would have listened.

Having said all that, it does seem that the Turks are keeping up the pressure

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/21/turkey-attacks-trump-comic-stance-on-khashoggi-killing

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 3:59 PM, SasaS said:

It's certainly interesting. I would be very surprised if Turkey didn't monitor what goes on among the Saudis in Istanbul, since they seem to be keen on  becoming a big player in the Muslim world and Saudis would be their regional rival.

I'm hearing Turkey are preparing a bid.

Stuck my tablet on yesterday morning, just woke up and went on Twitter still half asleep to check out my news feed.

Anyway, I was confronted by this video clip of a young Yemeni lad (maybe around 10 years old), shirtless and bound, being tormented and tortured by this fucking Saudi twat with a big fuck off machete. Had the sound turned off and this twat starts hacking away at the poor kid, blood everywhere, flips him over and then starts trying to cut his head off ! Woke me up sharpish, reported it to Twitter, fucking horrible sickening shite.

• 2 weeks later...

Trump is now pulling US forces out of Syria, claiming ISIS have been defeated.

Which coincidentally is what both Turkey and Russia want him to do. My conspiracy theory sense is tingling, telling me that this was a condition of them not releasing more evidence exposing the Saudi Prince.

Or maybe it is just a coincidence and the US have finally given up all efforts to overthrow Assad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Awkward. Cue governement minisiters lining up to criticise judicial interference....

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/jun/20/uk-arms-sales-to-saudi-arabia-for-use-in-yemen-declared-unlawful

I was going to post the same;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48704596

A spokeswoman for Prime Minister Theresa May said the government was "disappointed" and would be seeking permission to appeal against the judgment.

The Department for International Trade said it disagreed with the judgment, saying it was not about whether the decisions themselves were right or wrong, but whether the process in reaching those decisions was correct.

Loving the government logic.

I'm sure everybody on here will be surprised to hear which threat to our country's security tried to introduce a bill 3 years ago to stop the arms sales to Saudi Arabia , and even less surprised to hear which prospective PM voted against & which latterly-obese deputy leader abstained.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...