You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Arabia

Captain Turdseye

• 7 months later...

I finally got round to watching The Dissident documentary film on Amazon Prime last night on the Jamal Khashoggi killing.  It is even more shocking and appalling than I’d even realised. It’s directed and written by Bryan Fogel who was also responsible for the brilliant Icarus documentary film on Russia’s state sponsored sports doping. 

The lengths that Saudi’s leaders, especially bin Salman, go to to control the messaging in the media and more specifically social media in Saudi is unbelievable. The regime has a team of thousands running multiple accounts to rubbish any criticism of the regime and ensure the criticism is rubbished.

It exposes them installing that Israeli made Pegasus spy software on enemies phones so they can see everything they do, with MBS himself sending the Spyware directly to Jeff Bezos and then using his affair to get back at him for the Washington Post’s coverage of Khassoggi’s murder.

It has in depth transcripts of exactly what went on in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul as the Turk’s were able to listen to everything. There are also loads of interviews with Turkey’s government and chief police officers.

It’s a brilliantly made film that I highly recommend. The fact that the world still deals with Saudi Arabia as if nothing happened just goes to show how corruptible our world leaders are. As long as you’re stinking rich you can get away with anything.

I would suggest Newcastle fans especially should watch this film so they know exactly who is now involved in running their club and get clued up as to why they have got involved. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I finally got round to watching The Dissident documentary film on Amazon Prime last night on the Jamal Khashoggi killing.  It is even more shocking and appalling than I’d even realised. It’s directed and written by Bryan Fogel who was also responsible for the brilliant Icarus documentary film on Russia’s state sponsored sports doping. 

The lengths that Saudi’s leaders, especially bin Salman, go to to control the messaging in the media and more specifically social media in Saudi is unbelievable. The regime has a team of thousands running multiple accounts to rubbish any criticism of the regime and ensure the criticism is rubbished.

It exposes them installing that Israeli made Pegasus spy software on enemies phones so they can see everything they do, with MBS himself sending the Spyware directly to Jeff Bezos and then using his affair to get back at him for the Washington Post’s coverage of Khassoggi’s murder.

It has in depth transcripts of exactly what went on in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul as the Turk’s were able to listen to everything. There are also loads of interviews with Turkey’s government and chief police officers.

It’s a brilliantly made film that I highly recommend. The fact that the world still deals with Saudi Arabia as if nothing happened just goes to show how corruptible our world leaders are. As long as you’re stinking rich you can get away with anything.

I would suggest Newcastle fans especially should watch this film so they know exactly who is now involved in running their club and get clued up as to why they have got involved. 

Nice one for this. Sounds like it's worth watching.

25 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

It deserves to have a chant that opposition fans sing whenever Newcastle are on TV. 40,000 people singing Bin Salman's a murderer is going to be difficult for him to hide during a live game.

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

More probably the forums right wing mate I'm not allowed to criticise, 

https://www.thelocal.de/20161208/opposition-parties-condemn-german-defence-deal-with-saudi-arabia/

Ooh got his shoehorn out again. Nothing to do with his fellow Brexiteers ramping up arms sales to these regimes. No siree 

Gnasher is the biggest right wing shrill (sic) on the forum.

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You're not allowed to criticise Germany?

See, no one dare be critical of Ursula. She's in the warmongering union Angry, eats and drinks at the top table, and when the warmongers go bombing it's no suprise the result is the loss of innocent lives. Oh and an awful lot of Germans were glad to see the back of her, for good reason.

Here she is not missing the opportunity to paint a pretty picture of a bunch of mass murderers

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

See, no one dare be critical of Ursula. She's in the warmongering union Angry, eats and drinks at the top table, and when the warmongers go bombing it's no suprise the result is the loss of innocent lives. Oh and an awful lot of Germans were glad to see the back of her, for good reason.

Oh. I see. You're "not allowed" to criticise Ursula Fond o' Lyin'. That would explain why you never, ever mention her, while the rest of us are endlessly singing her praises.

42 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You're not allowed to criticise Germany?

Fucksake, we literally did this last week.

The EU has stopped arms sales to countries involved in the Yemen conflict, this includes Germany, as has been documented previously.

The now unchained UK is the second largest exporter behind the US in arms to Saudi and have made no such concessions.

The EU, quite remarkably, has been almost excluded in geopolitical negotiation around the Ukraine/Russia issue, probably at the US's say so as there are ongoing issues with the US, China and Russia seeing the EU trading bloc as a very real danger to their hegemony.

He's either taking the piss at this point or he suffers from severe amnesia as this was spelt out and evidenced within the past couple of weeks and he sloped off again as usual, probably becying some other made up fucking nonsense he'd seen on facebook that morning.

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucksake, we literally did this last week.

The EU has stopped arms sales to countries involved in the Yemen conflict, this includes Germany, as has been documented previously.

I don't go to the polling station to endorse the government that sells arms to Saudi.

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The now unchained UK is the second largest exporter behind the US in arms to Saudi and have made no such concessions.

The EU, quite remarkably, has been almost excluded in geopolitical negotiation around the Ukraine/Russia issue, probably at the US's say so as there are ongoing issues with the US, China and Russia seeing the EU trading bloc as a very real danger to their hegemony.

He's either taking the piss at this point or he suffers from severe amnesia as this was spelt out and evidenced within the past couple of weeks and he sloped off again as usual, probably becying some other made up fucking nonsense he'd seen on facebook that morning.

I don't go on Facebook, you meanwhile were the poster who lifted a load of Nick Cleggs false facts directly of there.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 15.53.20.png

I assume that's some unthought through, plain wrong nonsense aimed at me in an attempt to direct away that he's just been shown up, again.

Yeah, not reading that just on the off chance that stupidity is contagious.

Yet you still wasted your time to post about it.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I don't go to the polling station to endorse the government that sells arms to Saudi.

Why don't you take responsibility?

You love Brexit and the increased weapons sales are a result of Brexit. Ergo, you directly or indirectly endorse sales that kill innocent people. You can't just pick and choose what you like from your political choices.

42 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Oh. I see. You're "not allowed" to criticise Ursula Fond o' Lyin'. That would explain why you never, ever mention her, while the rest of us are endlessly singing her praises.

Er, let me take this back a bit for you Angry.

The subject was the recent bombing of Yemen, posters naturally expressed outrage at the Saudi regime, you pondered on who aids the Saudis, I point links to the the head of the European unions past and recent close relationship with the Saudi mass murderers, the usual forum members have a fucking meltdown.

34 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Er, let me take this back a bit for you Angry.

The subject was the recent bombing of Yemen, posters naturally expressed outrage at the Saudi regime, you pondered on who aids the Saudis, I point links to the the head of the European unions past and recent close relationship with the Saudi mass murderers, the usual forum members have a fucking meltdown.

Let me correct that for you.

I pointed out that the weapons that kill civilians in Yemen are sold by some of the companies that our city council rolled out the red carpet to. You dragged up an arms deal that Germany struck years ago, because their defence minister at the time was a woman that you - and you alone - are utterly obsessed with. You then rolled out your predictable nonsense in an attempt to smear and insult people who see that Brexit is shit (and, of course, it's important that we argue about Brexit on this thread, because there's nowhere else to discuss it) and ignored the fact that the "independent" UK sells more weapons to the Saudi murderers than the EU does.  Nobody had a meltdown; we just pointed out that you were wrong.

If you want to point fingers of blame for current complicity, you can point at the UK Government and Liverpool City Council. If you want to go daft with your obsession, you can blame that woman whose face you've probably got a massive back tattoo of.

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I pointed out that the weapons that kill civilians in Yemen are sold by some of the companies that our city council rolled out the red carpet to. You dragged up an arms deal that Germany struck years ago, because their defence minister at the time was a woman that you - and you alone - are utterly obsessed with. You then rolled out your predictable nonsense in an attempt to smear and insult people who see that Brexit is shit (and, of course, it's important that we argue about Brexit on this thread, because there's nowhere else to discuss it) and ignored the fact that the "independent" UK sells more weapons to the Saudi murderers than the EU does.  Nobody had a meltdown; we just pointed out that you were wrong.

If you want to point fingers of blame for current complicity, you can point at the UK Government and Liverpool City Council. If you want to go daft with your obsession, you can blame that woman whose face you've probably got a massive back tattoo of.

I can indeed blame a woman who proposes dropping VAT for arms dealers, 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/15/von-der-leyen-eu-state-of-union-speech-political-will-build-own-military

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I pointed out that the weapons that kill civilians in Yemen are sold by some of the companies that our city council rolled out the red carpet to. You dragged up an arms deal that Germany struck years ago,

Vonn der Leyen has proposed an EU army recently, she also thinks army's are not used enough.

because their defence minister at the time was a woman that you - and you alone - are utterly obsessed with. You then rolled out your predictable nonsense in an attempt to smear and insult people who see that Brexit is shit (and, of course, it's important that we argue about Brexit on this thread, because there's nowhere else to discuss it)

Not discussing Brexit, I'm discussing war mongers who feed murderers, Der Leyen is one of those people however uncomfortable it should make you feel.

and ignored the fact that the "independent" UK sells more weapons to the Saudi murderers than the EU does. 

As I already pointed , I didn't go to the ballet box and put a cross to our government selling arms to Saudi. 

Nobody had a meltdown; we just pointed out that you were wrong.

Nothing daft about blaming a person with hugh political power suggesting arms deals should be VAT exempt.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/15/von-der-leyen-eu-state-of-union-speech-political-will-build-own-military