You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Arabia

Captain Turdseye

16 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Saudi state TV now confirming that Khashoggi died in their consulate building but that it wasn't pre-planned and came about after a fight broke out. 

Yeah. Alright. 

Its a fucking joke. I hope Turkey invade them. 

16 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Saudi state TV now confirming that Khashoggi died in their consulate building but that it wasn't pre-planned and came about after a fight broke out. 

Yeah. Alright. 

Never bring an Apple Watch to a chainsaw fight.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Yeah. Alright. 

I was half expecting the slipping on a banana skin and falling down some stairs and straight into a massive blender line. 

• Upvote 1

They clearly murdered him on orders of the head of state.

Everything now is a shitshow cover up. The Turks decided to release the info, probably as revenge for the US interfering inTurkish politics. I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians supplied the Turks with the recording because someone was bugging the consulate and the Israelis, British and US wouldnt have passed them the info.

It'll be interesting to see how the Trump machine handles this. My guess is that they'll try to paint Khashoggi as an Al Qaeda sympathizer....

It really angers me that the Saudi's will walk away from this Scott free purely because of their wealth and resources. 

Brutal and barbaric, genuine evil actions because a man dared to speak truth and this is just one case where we found out. 

For me personally I have to wonder how we can even trust politicians who turn a blind eye to this with decisions that effect human lives when clearly few have the courage of decency. The amount of times you have to look the other way because there's more at stake slowly degrades everything eventually.

The saying all it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing is apt. It's more been the reactions or lack of from politicians that's knocked me sick and a lot of it is because theyre stuck between a rock and a hard place and the only way out is to show a level of courage and decency that's rare amongst the type of person with political ambitions. Feels like there's few who enter the game because they want to fight for a better society, the majority have personal ambition, money is their motivator or personal power.

I'm rambling It's just because this incident has really hit home how we all look the other way because it may affect home comforts. It's ridiculous the murder of one man when brutality happens on  massive scale every day is what makes me feel ashamed.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

By Saudis I mean the ruling class the untouchables.

Obviously. Nobody serious thinks when you say Saudis you mean the average person on the street, or even worse, Arabs. Just like nobody serious equates ‘The Israelis are committing international crimes’ means ‘I hate the Jews’. Only apologists trying to deflect from the crimes of Saudia Arabia and Israel would attemp such a thing, and who cares what they say anyway. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/20/2018 at 8:44 AM, Bobby Hundreds said:

It really angers me that the Saudi's will walk away from this Scott free purely because of their wealth and resources. 

Brutal and barbaric, genuine evil actions because a man dared to speak truth and this is just one case where we found out. 

For me personally I have to wonder how we can even trust politicians who turn a blind eye to this with decisions that effect human lives when clearly few have the courage of decency. The amount of times you have to look the other way because there's more at stake slowly degrades everything eventually.

The saying all it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing is apt. It's more been the reactions or lack of from politicians that's knocked me sick and a lot of it is because theyre stuck between a rock and a hard place and the only way out is to show a level of courage and decency that's rare amongst the type of person with political ambitions. Feels like there's few who enter the game because they want to fight for a better society, the majority have personal ambition, money is their motivator or personal power.

I'm rambling It's just because this incident has really hit home how we all look the other way because it may affect home comforts. It's ridiculous the murder of one man when brutality happens on  massive scale every day is what makes me feel ashamed.

Jamal Khashoggi death: Saudis' explanation challenged

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45932697

Mr Raab said: "We are not going to throw our hands in the air and terminate our relationship with Saudi Arabia, not just because of the huge number of British jobs that depend on it but also because if you exert influence over your partners you need to be able to talk to them."

Is this the beginning of the end for Prince Salman? He pissed off a lot of people over the recent couple of years and it looks like the murdered journalist wasn't the only one who walked right into trouble with this horror show. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing to come out was that Saudis weren't the only one who knew Kashoggi would be killed or grabbed.