You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Arabia

Captain Turdseye

Knowing the SA government and rulers are a gang of vicious twats and he was one of, if not their biggest detractors - what the fuck was he doing going in there in the first place. 

Thats no excuse for what happened like, but fucking hell, if you're publicly slagging someone off, don't be surprised if you get twatted if you go round to theirs for tea.

57 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Knowing the SA government and rulers are a gang of vicious twats and he was one of, if not their biggest detractors - what the fuck was he doing going in there in the first place. 

Thats no excuse for what happened like, but fucking hell, if you're publicly slagging someone off, don't be surprised if you get twatted if you go round to theirs for tea.

He needed some official paperwork regarding his divorce so he could re-marry, I think.

1 hour ago, polymerpunkah said:

Don't they have some sort of heart monitor that can take an ECG?

The personal version of an airplane black box, in this case.

Indeed. Detects AFib, etc. I’ve been looking into getting one. It’s on the 4th generation now and it’s looking pretty good. 

15 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

As someone who suffered from high blood pressure, without any obvious symptoms, I can appreciate the benefit of detecting potential problems.

Same here although I suspect in the event of a serious heart issue it would just call your nearest Apple genius bar.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I guess. Or they use the features to monitor and improve health. 

Ive never understood hating or loving a company on the basis of brand. 

I couldn't give a shit about Apple as a brand and them supposedly being "evil". It's not like Samsung etc. exist for the good of humanity either.

However, I would wager that like a huge amount of what we consume as a species that for the vast majority it's purely fashion and window dressing. Much like the way peoples lives on Facebook, Instagram etc. all appear to be perfect.

Currently have a Sony phone, love it for small size and long battery life. Apple OS pissed all over the Sony/Android one for me though. If they made something iphone 4 or 5 sized which gave me the ability to have an SD card and a battery that lasts 3 or 4 days then I'd switch back in an instant.

Then again, if I had the option of a Nokia 3210 that also accesses my email I'd rather just have one of those. 

Anyway, on topic. The Saudis are a bunch of cunts.