You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Arabia

Captain Turdseye

House of Saud: A Family at War - New documentary series started on the BBC the other night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09m53d9

Did anyone watch it? Admittedly my knowledge of the situation in the Middle East isn’t the greatest so I found it very interesting. How do people see things going for this new Crown Prince?

I see they have been selling American made arms to rebel groups in Syria, something the CIA were specifically meant to be preventing. Wonder what will happen to this gang of mopes when the world doesn't require oil to as great an extent? Though I suppose current US energy policy isn't heading in that direction.

Bollocks isn't it.

Get the backing of the right power base... and Israel and the Saudis would happily sit down to a crackling roast pork and apple sauce dinner together.

Ideology, my fucking arse.

Why would Arabs and Israelis want to eat pork together?

The man wants peace why would you disagree with him?

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Jamal Khashoggi: Turkey says journalist was murdered in Saudi consulate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45775819

I was just about to post about this. 

Claims that he was murdered and then dismembered. 

Absolutely horiffic, if true/accurate. 

It'll be intetesting to see how our PM and Foreign Secretary react (if they can be arsed/already haven't).

I'd be surprised if you hear a peep out of our beloved government. Too many missiles, tanks and aircraft to push.

Is that the sound of some missiles exploding in Yemen? Fire up the production line, there's Saudi gold in dem der hills. Just ignore the burnt and vaporised kids.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I'd be surprised if you hear a peep out of our beloved government. Too many missiles, tanks and aircraft to push.

Is that the sound of some missiles exploding in Yemen? Fire up the production line, there's Saudi gold in dem der hills. Just ignore the burnt and vaporised kids.

Now now, they have a right to defend themselves against the existential threat posed by those children.