You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Mystery Man"

Ne Moe Imya

He says 

I did forward who it was to one of the other eds. 

Sorry if it caused a bit of chaos and looking back it made little sense i suppose to say anything, it was probably done to put the fans minds at ease that the club is trying very hard to sign top players, you hear lots of criticism towards the club for selling Coutinho and people thinking the owners are trying not to reinvest, which right now is not the case. 

I haver heard his name mentioned all over twitter so people are aware of the French international, now i hope that helps, but again he will take a lot of persuading . 

Cheers

Macca.

So if he says he's seen his name all over twitter and confirms that it's a French player, that sounds pretty much like Griezmann to me.

Won't stop me hoping it's Rabiot, though. I know I keep bringing him up but we had some pretty concrete links to him back in October. He said he wanted to move to the Premier League one day and even claimed he was a Liverpool fan growing up.

Now I know he's been playing pretty regularly for PSG since so maybe all his issues there are smoothed over but if there's any chance we could pry him away he would absolutely be ideal for our midfield. Absolutely ideal. 6'3", mobile, still only 22, and a great defensive midfielder who is completely capable of starting the attack rather than just smothering out the opposition. Would suit Klopp down to the ground.

* I should clarify I hope it's Rabiot not because I'd rather have him than Griezmann. Obviously Griezmann would be out of this world. I just hope it's Rabiot because I think we might have a chance of signing him with a big push, where I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell of getting Griezmann.

Ok i'll admit it

Im the mystery man

Not happening mind,board wont meet my wage demands they agreed to the 3 boxes of curly wurly's anda dozen fredo bars a week.But the demands of a release clause of a bag of Brannigans Beef and mustard crisps was a step too far

It would be simply amazing if it did but I genuinely don't think we have a chance.

I honestly believe that with Klopp in charge we could sign anybody,but there is a lot more involved than just wanting to play for our manager. None of the genuine title challengers are run like us so while Klopp could attract the players I think personal terms would always be a sticking point,hence why our best modern signings have all involved a large element of risk towards players actually fulfilling their potential.