You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Mystery Man"

Ne Moe Imya

The interwebz are abuzz with rumours that we're after a player that reporters have only referred to as a "mystery man," in theory because the club have clamped down hard on the news getting out. Even respected journo Rafa Honigstein has confirmed that Liverpool are after a player where the news isn't out there yet and that it would be for a January move (he was refuting that we were in for Pulisic as the mystery man because he says that one will be someone we look to buy in the summer).

Now today, Macca off the (in?)famous Liverpool Rumours site, who actually has a decent reputation for knowing things before they're public, has said that "the player they are pushing for is top, top class" and that he'll be very surprised if it comes off. The only other thing he says of note is that the first choice player isn't one of the "usual suspects." 

Rather than clutter up the transfer thread, I suggest this separate thread for ridiculous speculation, funny gifs, unrelated arguments, and unfunny gifs regarding who this player could be.

• Upvote 1

Can a ITK influence the club transfer negotiations?

He thinks so...

11 Jan 2018 10:10:24

Ladies and Gentleman, hope you are all well.

Been pretty quiet because me saying things doesnt help our cause trying to sign players.

What i will say is the player they are pushing for is top top class.

I will be very surprised if it happens.

Happy to tell the eds who it is if they want to mail me.

And for the record, it isnt the usual suspects, they maybe of interest as well but i only know the first choice option.

Cheers

Macca.

Can a ITK influence the club transfer negotiations?

He thinks so...

11 Jan 2018 10:10:24

Ladies and Gentleman, hope you are all well.

Been pretty quiet because me saying things doesnt help our cause trying to sign players.

What i will say is the player they are pushing for is top top class.

I will be very surprised if it happens.

Happy to tell the eds who it is if they want to mail me.

And for the record, it isnt the usual suspects, they maybe of interest as well but i only know the first choice option.

Cheers

Macca.

The out clause, buried in the middle of the message.

Like any good fortune teller.

• Upvote 2