Quantcast
"Mystery Man" - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Ne Moe Imya

"Mystery Man"

The interwebz are abuzz with rumours that we're after a player that reporters have only referred to as a "mystery man," in theory because the club have clamped down hard on the news getting out. Even respected journo Rafa Honigstein has confirmed that Liverpool are after a player where the news isn't out there yet and that it would be for a January move (he was refuting that we were in for Pulisic as the mystery man because he says that one will be someone we look to buy in the summer).

Now today, Macca off the (in?)famous Liverpool Rumours site, who actually has a decent reputation for knowing things before they're public, has said that "the player they are pushing for is top, top class" and that he'll be very surprised if it comes off. The only other thing he says of note is that the first choice player isn't one of the "usual suspects." 

Rather than clutter up the transfer thread, I suggest this separate thread for ridiculous speculation, funny gifs, unrelated arguments, and unfunny gifs regarding who this player could be.

• Upvote 1

These ITK’s are fucking quims. I reckon they sit there with big massive stonkers, rubbing themselves off at the internet playing ‘Guess Who?’.

Either say the name or shut the fuck up, you sad twats.

• Upvote 3

Have to admit that despite all my pessimism stuff like this is still a guilty pleasure.

Your brain starts to go "Who could it be? Griezmann? Dybala? Dele Alli? Mertens? Ooh, it's Icardi, isn't it?" despite knowing that it's utterly pointless.

• Upvote 2

Suarez.

Tapping up Coutinho was a ruse/make weight.

There's nothing mysterious about no nothing fuckheads pretending to have info, especially on twitter.  

• Upvote 1

Macca knows fuck all. Transfer Rumours is bollocks. I still prefer his alter ego from years ago Wacca. Mainly because I knew him.

More interested in the mystery meat served in some kebabs and why it tastes so good

• Upvote 1

More interested in the mystery meat served in some kebabs and why it tastes so good

Human?

Whoever he is he his name needs to end in "O" so he can slot into the tune doing the rounds.

I'll keep my ear to the ground lads.  Hope this will be another one to add to my ever growing signature of ITK successes. As ever keep looking at the invite only twitter feed.  

• Upvote 2

Can a ITK influence the club transfer negotiations?

He thinks so...

11 Jan 2018 10:10:24

Ladies and Gentleman, hope you are all well.

Been pretty quiet because me saying things doesnt help our cause trying to sign players.

What i will say is the player they are pushing for is top top class.

I will be very surprised if it happens.

Happy to tell the eds who it is if they want to mail me.

And for the record, it isnt the usual suspects, they maybe of interest as well but i only know the first choice option.

Cheers

Macca.

Can a ITK influence the club transfer negotiations?

He thinks so...

11 Jan 2018 10:10:24

Ladies and Gentleman, hope you are all well.

Been pretty quiet because me saying things doesnt help our cause trying to sign players.

What i will say is the player they are pushing for is top top class.

I will be very surprised if it happens.

Happy to tell the eds who it is if they want to mail me.

And for the record, it isnt the usual suspects, they maybe of interest as well but i only know the first choice option.

Cheers

Macca.

The out clause, buried in the middle of the message.

Like any good fortune teller.

• Upvote 2

Suarez.

Tapping up Coutinho was a ruse/make weight.

Ah - and Coutinho can drop Luis off at the Airport, certainly all makes sense now.