You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

9 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Does anyone know how the "expert" in the studio defended that handball decision ? 

I assume they defended it, because they would never call out a fellow ref.

It was a sky game I think and I don't think they have a studio ref, they give Dermot Gallagher a couple of days to prepare the refs defence and present it at 11.30 on a Monday on SSN. Motd seem to claim there was a chance of a deflection off the thigh, which then means it can't be handball, even though Bobby the other night touched the ball with his arm after it was deflected onto him from an opponent's ark on his chest. 

15 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fernandes operates to different laws of the game to the rest of the league. I thought PGMOL had already clarified that. 

It's "wee Scholesy can't tackle" all over again. He's a dirty shithouse bastard, made worse by the fact that he hits the deck when someone so much as farts in his general direction.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

How bad are these refs?

I’m seething at the ineptitude of that decision. I mean, how fucking retarded have you got to be to consider that as a red card?

It’s mind blowing.

VAR could help the game but not with these incompetent refs that we have.

• Upvote 1

Yet more appalling officiating from PGMOL. At this point, you have to wonder whether a number of them are involved with dodgy betting rings in places like the Far East. There must be a trade-off for looking so incompetent in so public a setting.

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What happens if West Ham appeal that? Will yet another referee be able to look at it and (hopefully) overturn it?

Im sure West Ham will appeal it and get it overturned. It was a yellow at best but Dean's sent off 3 in 2 games now? He should be sanctioned or should that be sectioned? But he wont be.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im sure West Ham will appeal it and get it overturned. It was a yellow at best but Dean's sent off 3 in 2 games now? He should be sanctioned or should that be sectioned? But he wont be.

He's not even the worst.

They are hugely inept. Every manager, journalist, fan and pundit needs to call the PGMOL out now. Between the law makers and the officials, their incompetence is ruining the beautiful game.

It has never been this bad.

Having seen it on MOTD, I agree it was never a red card.

What is the VAR official doing recommending that to that to be referred?

Dean was obviously under pressure for ignoring the VAR referral the other night, but fucking hell, how can 2 of them get it so badly wrong?

It’s not the VAR which is the issue, it’s the fuck ups implementing it.

Thinking about this and Mane’s elbow on some Arsenal player within the first couple of minutes at the start of the season.

My opinion at the time was Mane got away with one. He was booked but I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was red.

And then compare that to last night. Fucking hell, Mane’s elbow, was so much worse!

I hope one of our players flings themselves on the floor today like Mitrovic last night.

Knowing our luck, that rat Bernardo will whip himself in the face with his own tail & get Hendo sent off.

44 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Having seen it on MOTD, I agree it was never a red card.

What is the VAR official doing recommending that to that to be referred?

Dean was obviously under pressure for ignoring the VAR referral the other night, but fucking hell, how can 2 of them get it so badly wrong?

It’s not the VAR which is the issue, it’s the fuck ups implementing it.

The fuck ups implementing it are part of var, in fact they are the Referees which are video assisted.

the whole thing is failing. Over and over again.