Quantcast
VAR Thoughts? - Page 20 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lee909

VAR Thoughts?

Recommended Posts

It's a shitfest. And irrespective whether the VAR gets lucky and gets a decision correct, the game is ruined as a spectacle.

 

 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, niallers said:

Call your own frees like we did on the street. Proper order

Honestly, I think players would be more honest when they aren't trying to influence a ref.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, niallers said:

Call your own frees like we did on the street. Proper order

Honestly, I think players would be more honest when they aren't trying to influence a ref.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't even celebrate the winner today. I fully expected something along the lines of Diogos shadow falling in an offside position or some farcical shit like that. 

 

When the supposed foul took place I already knew we were going to be stitched up for a pen. I knew Mos goal was going to be chalked off. You just know the idiots are going to fuck it up. I feel like I'm basically done with this season. Fuck it. There's no game anymore. It's a complete joke that either bent, corrupt or incompetent twats get to make these decisions. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

VAR is ok as long as the people looking at it actually do their fucking job.

Imagine having a copper follow you 24/7 365. Every time you watched a dodgy stream, reported. Light just turned red, reported. Hazards on a double yellow while you nip to the off licence at closing time, reported. Bit of porn on the phone, I'm telling your missus.

 

Its a 2020 microscope on a game of football. Its bollox, no way Mike Dean awards that foul if he thinks its in the box. Its a bit nothing on the football field turned into a goal by technology. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is this not a pen and not even looked at? Most likely because it's in the wrong box. 

VAR is a disgrace. 

20201024_235823.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Butch said:

How is this not a pen and not even looked at? Most likely because it's in the wrong box. 

VAR is a disgrace. 

20201024_235823.jpg

Lampard pretty much said the same. Said they've had more pens than anyone in europe but don't get them awarded against them for obvious ones

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking get rid of it.

 

It is killing football - well actually it is the useless bastards using it so badly who are killing it, but game is being killed.

 

Can barely celebrate a goal now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Lampard pretty much said the same. Said they've had more pens than anyone in europe but don't get them awarded against them for obvious ones

 

Twats on the stream I was watching said Sheffield's pen was the first awarded to a visiting team in god knows how long. Yeah, same as there have been shedloads of pens at Anfield waved away as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should ditch it bar the goal line technology. they've ruined football imo and taken the joy out of the game. I'd happily take 1 or 2 offside decisions in real time or even wrong pens in real time being against us per season. I know the old edged was it all even it self out atv the end of the season was not always true but it did kinda. I cant celebrate our goals properly anymore - they've ruined the reason why we watch football. It also encourages shithouse behaviour as attackers know it will be looked at and inevitably the video ref will get it wrong. it's highlighted the ineptitude of the standard of the referees too. In real time you could forgive mistakes , but with multiple playbacks? i have to say they way they draw lines on the screen seems an absolute joke , they dont even appear to be calibrated to the pitch / screen angle. There has to be at least a 1-5% error in that. So when the call is that marginal with a 1-5% error in line drawing marginal offside should surely benefit the attacking team?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

They should ditch it bar the goal line technology. they've ruined football imo and taken the joy out of the game. I'd happily take 1 or 2 offside decisions in real time or even wrong pens in real time being against us per season. I know the old edged was it all even it self out atv the end of the season was not always true but it did kinda. I cant celebrate our goals properly anymore - they've ruined the reason why we watch football. It also encourages shithouse behaviour as attackers know it will be looked at and inevitably the video ref will get it wrong. it's highlighted the ineptitude of the standard of the referees too. In real time you could forgive mistakes , but with multiple playbacks? i have to say they way they draw lines on the screen seems an absolute joke , they dont even appear to be calibrated to the pitch / screen angle. There has to be at least a 1-5% error in that. So when the call is that marginal with a 1-5% error in line drawing marginal offside should surely benefit the attacking team?

I agree. Instead of cutting out corruption its made it legal and above reproach, something has to be done about this shambolic shit show. Its destroyed the game. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Maguire one is corruption how can it be anything else. Look at it! Fabinho wins the ball outside the box... Penalty. Jota fouls a player in the box, no penalty. Have they employed blind people to monitor VAR.

 

The decisions United are getting are unbelievable it feels like they're the only side in the country were every single decision goes their way. 

 

Oh sorry except the martial incident!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard if its on the line its  penalty, I dont think it was on the line but still it should be over the line, we lost a league because a ball was 11mm short of being all the way over the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It won't go, but it should. 

 

Funny, we all wanted this shite when it was just left up to the linos a few years ago. 

 

Safe to say, "be careful what you wish for" 

 

We scored 3 goals yesterday, obviously one was chalked off and rightly so, but I didn't celebrate one of them. If you can't celebrate a goal, then what's the fucking point of the game?? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Lampard made a point I hadn't noticed, that they have stopped using the monitors again after it working reasonably well for a time.

The ref used it in the Fulham game to send someone off. He must not have got the memo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

The ref used it in the Fulham game to send someone off. He must not have got the memo.

He'll be sharing his bed with the head of an equine this morning,the fucking judas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't get is how every other sport that has embraced similar technology has been done so with complete success. 

 

I don't see why they can't have an on screen decision, the VAR has 3 replays maximum while the game is still being played to overrule any clear error. 

 

I'm not sure going back to how it was is the answer either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Remmie said:

What I don't get is how every other sport that has embraced similar technology has been done so with complete success. 

 

I don't see why they can't have an on screen decision, the VAR has 3 replays maximum while the game is still being played to overrule any clear error. 

 

I'm not sure going back to how it was is the answer either. 

Because they jabe the same incompetent fools that officiate the games also running VAR. It should be completely independent from the officals. 

 

If this continues like this it won't be long before the premier league votes to fuck it off and the threat of the break away European league will be used to get rid of it.

 

Also the referees should be completely restructured and if an offical makes x amounts of mistakes throughout the season he is dismissed as a top league offical and sent back to the lower leagues. 

 

We should be hiring the best referees from around the world rather than the morons in this country that don't even know their own rules. 

 

For starters Mike Riley needs to be fucked off completely.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Because they jabe the same incompetent fools that officiate the games also running VAR. It should be completely independent from the officals. 

 

If this continues like this it won't be long before the premier league votes to fuck it off and the threat of the break away European league will be used to get rid of it.

 

Also the referees should be completely restructured and if an offical makes x amounts of mistakes throughout the season he is dismissed as a top league offical and sent back to the lower leagues. 

 

We should be hiring the best referees from around the world rather than the morons in this country that don't even know their own rules. 

 

For starters Mike Riley needs to be fucked off completely.

Don't get me started on 'the worst ref ever' Mike Riley. Absolute shitstain of a referee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Remmie said:

What I don't get is how every other sport that has embraced similar technology has been done so with complete success. 

 

I don't see why they can't have an on screen decision, the VAR has 3 replays maximum while the game is still being played to overrule any clear error. 

 

I'm not sure going back to how it was is the answer either. 

Not just every other sport, but most other leagues. It works much better in Italy and Spain from what I've seen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The lines they are using don't make any sense. Looks like they can manipulate them at will depending on what team they support. 

Screenshot_20201025-092159_Samsung Internet.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Remmie said:

What I don't get is how every other sport that has embraced similar technology has been done so with complete success. 

 

I don't see why they can't have an on screen decision, the VAR has 3 replays maximum while the game is still being played to overrule any clear error. 

 

I'm not sure going back to how it was is the answer either. 

The officials are corrupt as fuck and go out of their way to directly influence some games.  I'm not saying they're on the take but this is beyond inept from these tits. There's fuck all impartial about them and that's before even getting to rats who come from Manchester officiating our games on the pitch or in the VAR room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×