You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah I tend to agree

Feels more like we want more goals and this will help

Wenger has turned a right prick since joining FIFA. This and wanting a 2 yearly world cup 

He was always a prick. He just hid it better & was competing with Fergie & Mourinho. Two of the biggest pricks ever. 

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

What? That true?

How does that help us understand what is happening in the game?

1. It's true.

2. Why would that be these pricks intention?

Screenshot_20240401_100032_Brave.jpg

36 minutes ago, Bob said:

1. It's true.

2. Why would that be these pricks intention?

Screenshot_20240401_100032_Brave.jpg

Fucking hell.

A flag is literally a device for getting attention. 

3 hours ago, Jennings said:

Rubbish!

sometimes flagging. Sometimes not. 
Forensically checking goals for offside, whether suspected or not. 
Drawing lines for 5 minutes. 
Only VAR checking the forward passes that lead to goals. 

Offsides are the worst bit of it. 

That's on the lino.

VAR just rules whether you are offside or not.

If the lino's aren't doing their jobs properly get better ones in.

46 minutes ago, Dicko said:

That's on the lino.

VAR just rules whether you are offside or not.

If the lino's aren't doing their jobs properly get better ones in.

I hate VAR and it should be binned but the Assistant's role has become even more difficult and I have more sympathy for them than refs. They are working to instructions so vague and open to mistakes and are also being asked to do the ref's role too.

7 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

That’s come from Carra insulating it in his commentary.

He hinted at the onfield ref taking his time and being told what to do on 3 occasions. 

The commentators get a feed of the VAR don't they? So if this has been happening, Liverpool should take this and use it as a nail to finally get Tierney off our games and howard Webb fired. 

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

Fucking hell.

A flag is literally a device for getting attention. 

Some of the referees actually instruct their Lino's to keep the flag down and use the button if they want to bring something up - because of course if a lino flags because he's seen something, the ref needs to acknowledge it and can't claim he didn't know. Which prevents him getting to the outcome he wants. 

As for offside. If they want to improve it, make offside offside again. None of this phases of play, not interfering and all that shite. All that does is bring subjectivity to what should be a binary decision. Take the subjectivity out and stop referees shaping matches the way they want. Take the 1st Newcastle pen at the weekend for example. That should just be offside and no pen. And some weeks it would be, because they wouldn't want to give the pen and would say Gordon was interfering coming back from an offside position. And other weeks like this, they'll give the pen. Take the choice away from the ref and VAR. Offside is offside. If you're on the pitch, you're interfering. 

9 hours ago, Bob said:

That is bollocks. 

That free kick almost certainly got.given by the lino I reckon. Coote wasn't giving it but the linos have a button on their flag so they can alert without flagging and that's what I reckon happened. 

It was bullshit, never a foul and never a yellow but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Ah makes more sense.

Still shite like but at least makes sense. I'd have been stunned even with these useless cunts if it was true.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Code said:

This is going to be used in the PL from next season, Why not earlier when the technology was already there last season. 

Howard Webb and Tierney don't like it would be my guess