You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

You know the second that someone starts drawing lines on the screen that something is afoot, someone somewhere with an agenda is deliberately trying to alter the result of the game.

Is it obviously offside or not? If an official cannot decide within looking at the screen for a few seconds then that official should be sacked.

Was thinking when I was texting a mate about the overruling last night. If they must persist with these fucking lines, they should fix the line for the defender, press “save” or something, then the line disappears. The Stockley Park Virgin then draws a line for the attacker, and presses the button again. Both lines appear and the ruling is made. 

Would be more transparent than the charade I’ve just witnessed today, at least, where he just fiddles the line until it lands where he wants it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

Was thinking when I was texting a mate about the overruling last night. If they must persist with these fucking lines, they should fix the line for the defender, press “save” or something, then the line disappears. The Stockley Park Virgin then draws a line for the attacker, and presses the button again. Both lines appear and the ruling is made. 

Would be more transparent than the charade I’ve just witnessed today, at least, where he just fiddles the line until it lands where he wants it.

That's actually a great idea. 

Another thing that seems odd, how come in the champions league, we never seem to get this drawn out shitfest that the premier league serves up every other week? 

5 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Another thing that seems odd, how come in the champions league, we never seem to get this drawn out shitfest that the premier league serves up every other week? 

This fucking dweeb...

7B4618AC-B37B-4359-832E-AABE210DBAB3.jpeg

I don't honestly think I've hated anything more about football than this pile of shite that is totally ruining the game , get rid of it asap or I can imagine loads of people over the next 12 months voting with their feet and checking out of the game until its fucked off .

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I wonder is he still a Virgin. Because I find it hard to believe any woman would want that on top of them

If he isn’t, I can only think it’d be like the Will & Charlotte Big Jugs scene during The Inbetweeners.

The Genie is out of the bottle and I don't see VAR being scrapped. To my mind the mistakes by referees and linos with offside and pens generated just as much outrage and shouts of corruption or bias .  We will see constant tweaking for the foreseeable but the reality is the claims that VAR would make the game fairer is shot to pieces and the delays are ridiculous but we are where are .

It’s the sole reason I don’t watch football anymore. In years gone by I’d move heaven and earth to watch our matches. I watched Barca beat us 3-0 on a boat in the middle of the Similan islands using a phone and a dodgy box. I’d bin jobs off in work and tell people to wait so I could watch us draw with Fulham. 

Now I genuinely don’t know who we’re playing. 
I come on here (not to be fucked at) and read the match reports and have a mooch around the FF but mainly stick to the GF. 

I just can’t invest my time and energy in something that isn’t fit for purpose and is pretty much rigging games however the people on the end of an etch-a-sketch want the games to be rigged. 

Tl;dr It’s fucking shit and I hate it and I’ve voted with my feet. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

In both European competitions, they barely fiddle with the tight offsides as rigorously as the cuntish PL officials do.

They mostly give such goals. I can remember at least 4 or 5 tight goals in the CL and EL which would have been ruled out if they had been scored in the PL

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Lineker said something on MOTD to the effect that UEFA VAR refs don't draw lines. That seems a reasonable approach: anything that's clearly wrong will get picked up and the game is allowed to flow at a natural pace.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I'd say VAR is bringing most people together (apart from Scott M!)

Not for goal celebrations. They have completely ruined the rush and now no one wants to go mental like they used to in case VAR spanners it. Joy thieves.